Gibot123

Buying To Keep

So here's a question if you had to choose an Alfa from the last 20ish years to keep as a classic or as a reference car of the brand ,what do you think it should be and why?

8C because just look at it :D

Or a 147 GTA again, i just really like them & the engine in it is great :)

156 GTA, having driven 166, 156 and 147 which are sort of from the same era the 156 is by far the best of the bunch, the Busso V6 is an iconic engine and in its 3.2 guise has plenty of go and no doubt enough torque to not be hampered like the 2.5 is, the styling is just right too.

I loved my 166 but even my diesel 156 is a better in almost every way, it embodies what Alfa are about stylish, comfortable and sporty family cars.

Of course LJ is also right about the 8C but I was keeping my feet on the ground :LOL:

I will have to say 75 3.0 V6, and I have owned plenty (145, 146, 155, 156, 166, 33, GTV, GT, spider) why? the 75 makes me smile more than the rest

Edited by vantastic
  • Like 1

The latest incarnation of the disco volante, I think that the workover has really taken the classic styling and not overdone it, it really is a Bella!

But a more realistic car that I could own would be a 33p4, I had one and was really gutted when it's new owner drove it away!

Interesting , I'm surprised nobody mentioned the GTV .

I think this may turn into an intriguing list . Hmm!

The latest incarnation of the disco volante, I think that the workover has really taken the classic styling and not overdone it, it really is a Bella!

But a more realistic car that I could own would be a 33p4, I had one and was really gutted when it's new owner drove it away!

I may sell my P4 soon

For me would be the 75 3.0 (haven't got one YET) or 156 GTA

Assuming we're not allowed the 8C or 4C...

The prototype of the Brera.

It's a shame it was let down by weight, eu regulations, etc.

Edited by WTFH

Divo (my 147) was never intended to keep long term, but I've loved owning and will find him hard to part with. Did adore my 159, though, so either car. The Brera a stunning Alfa also.

In order of my chances of actually getting one

156 Sportwagon Selespeed (got one). Love the Selespeed gearbox and think Sportwagons have better lines than the 4 door boot thingys

Any sort of Sud (except Sprint) Just love 'em

155 Q4 Proper Classic in the making. Always wanted a 155 and this has to be the one to get / keep

156 GTA Sportwagon Selespeed. Not a popular combination but in my opinion the ultimate 156

156 GTA Sportwagon. Which by no coincidence is what I've got. Also a big fan of the 164 QV.

Does it have the Selespeed Gearbox or one of those silly manual things?

Does it have the Selespeed Gearbox or one of those silly manual things?

Normal - manual selespeed is rare as. Not that I'd be that bothered which one it had myself.

I didn't mention the 164 as I have one but think its one of the best Alfas I've owned bit like a sud on steroids .

Do think they are over looked though nice to know I'm not on my own.

164 cloverleaf in red/black would be perfect :)

I had one too. Had to get rid though as the wait on and search for parts for a daily driver was starting to get tedious.

• Like 1

I drove a 75 nearly bought a 3.0 veloce 20years ago but all the interior was warping and the head lining coming away and put me off . Plus after driving front wheel drives in all sorts of weather and living here didn't want to go back to a car I could only enjoy on dry days.

Appart from that it was a great drive.

I had one too. Had to get rid though as the wait on and search for parts for a daily driver was starting to get tedious.

I have the same problem but isn't that part of a classic the rarity factor. Pain in the bum but just can't let mine go .

i like 75's but don't see many around now. they have aged well though and still look great :cool: never driven 1 though