WTI

How Much

^ :wtf: SLAMMED! :rofl: ^

Last month forked out best part of £600 on cambelt, service, sensors etc - mechanical essentials that needed doing. Hate to think what the bill for Jan & Feb's pure vanity items (carpets, ICE, alloys, no plate etc) will be. :$

Is this how your car's set up, K9d?

overkill_tuned_vip_car_off_camber.jpg

:teehee:

Pretty much :LOL:

The 166 is even worse than the 156, that will go down to the canvas on the inner edge but look brand new on the outside. :(

Tax paid £270, I feel sick.

It was a nice surprise when i found out the Mito QV is only £120 a year tax :cool:

Got insurance due on my 156 next month, renewal quote is £325 but I will shop around.

Alfa ownership less than 1 month.

Cost so far: 440 on insurance (and breakdown cover ;))

about to spend 700 on lots of stuff with the help of our very own Friendly Alfa guy from on here :).

oh thinking about a new key so a potential 340 or so, then maybe some other stuff... its quite an expensive month... wonder how long before I've spent more on the car than the purchase price?

Got insurance due on my 156 next month, renewal quote is £325 but I will shop around.

Got it for £252 :yay:, and got Kathy put on it so she can drive it and I can "enjoy" the Megane. :(

Alfa ownership less than 1 month.

Cost so far: 440 on insurance (and breakdown cover ;))

about to spend 700 on lots of stuff with the help of our very own Friendly Alfa guy from on here :).

oh thinking about a new key so a potential 340 or so, then maybe some other stuff... its quite an expensive month... wonder how long before I've spent more on the car than the purchase price?

In my case its about one visit to Smaky, I pay very little for my cars. :)

In my case its about one visit to Smaky, I pay very little for my cars. :)

Yup Smaky is helping out with this one, the work is a bit remedial, and a sorting it before it goes wrong, it seems like I've got myself a good deal for the list of bits that are going to be replaced :)

Better to get in before it goes wrong.

You should see the parts cost for a cam belt change on a V6 :bluecry:

Just costed 4 new boots for the GTA :(

£427

Good news tho I have found a place that does powder coating, chrome plating, polishing and aluminium tube bending

Just finished doin her bathroom :D

Aphrodite's due a 'big' service. The cambelt was done late last year, but the spark plugs will need changing, oil and filters, could do with my wheel bearings and bushes checking as I've got egg shaped tyres on at the moment rattling things about more than normal. (there was a good reason for my free tyres) New tyres are needed on the front.

Brake lines exploded a few months ago, and though I have new ones I want them looked at again, to be sure they're ok.

But if I'm nice to my mechanic I'llonly pay about £100-£150 for the lot :D

Oh I forgot a few other bits and pieces:

new gas struts for the boot £35, maybe a set of roof bars so the surfboards can travel in style ~£50 (any recommendations?), a new badge for the key ~£10 and 2 new front fog lamps as they both seem to have been broken £20.

I think that will do for now...

Whoever said "a smile costs nothing but gives much" clearly never owned an Alfa then :LOL:

Just bought some 2nd hand 17" multispoke wheels from a 156 - like these 293eeee5.jpg

These will be my "summer" wheels as I hate the 16" selespeed "star" ones on my 147 so much, but the tyres on them are virtually brand new, so they will become winters.

So that's £400ish so far this month.

Oh dear. :nonono: That LOL smiley probably just cost you a cambelt. :cry:

You know I pay a pittance for tgese things, anyway...