Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

Test drive tomorrow

Boys and girls,

I'm test driving a GTV tomorrow: http://www.stgeorge.co.uk/index.cfm?fus ... carid=1301

There was a guy going to look at it today, but as I made the first enquiry, the dealer called me and said "if you're serious, we need a deposit and we'll reseve it for you". If I don't like it, we get it back. I must admit, that was very nice of him to do so, other dealers I've dealt with in the past don't do that, so a big thanks are in order.

So, I'm going tomorrow, (thanks to dad coughing up the cash due to me purposfully not having my credit card in my purse) in my way too complicated hire car with lots of buttons Astra 1.9 CDTi (22 miles on the clock when delivered). Wish me luck. I'm SO excited. :yay::yay::yay:

If I buy this, I'll officially own my very first alfa and I'll no longer be the tag along in a jap car (which got scrapped today - gutted).

Ican see 2 problems straight away.... Drivers door card has been punctured and will be a bitch to source a new one and the exhaust manifold has heat wrap around, which on an ALLOY head is a VERY bad idea as the manifold is used to cool the gases as well.

The third is that it's a 2.0 which means it has solid rear pan bushes which wear badly, if they've been replaced ensure they are V6 type and that the back end doesn't feel loose.

I just sold two door cards... Doh!

Good luck infiltrator!!! Hope it's everything you hope for

GTV's are stunning. If it's in good order you won't be dissapointed :thumbs:

I still miss mine :|

Looks like a lovely car :thumbs:

just need to get some minty fresh stripes on it and it will be perfect :rofl::rofl:

Ican see 2 problems straight away.... Drivers door card has been punctured and will be a bitch to source a new one and the exhaust manifold has heat wrap around, which on an ALLOY head is a VERY bad idea as the manifold is used to cool the gases as well.

The third is that it's a 2.0 which means it has solid rear pan bushes which wear badly, if they've been replaced ensure they are V6 type and that the back end doesn't feel loose.

The mind of ever useful info, thanks dude :thumbs: She knows about the door card and the rear suspension, I however am glad you said that about the manifold, i thought it looked a bit shiny.

I have a spare heat shield if you want it K, if you buy the car of course ;)

Well she's mine...and on my drive :-D will post up a piccy later. I'm very VERY happy!!!!

:yay:

Go for a long drive to learn her name, too :D

Well done Kristie :D

Cheers dude! Isn't she just? I had a "I can't do it" 10 minutes when I was looking at her, but then I saw other MX5's on the way home and I was like "I so made the right decision". Was a bit odd seeing my 'old' next to the new on the motorway coming home - I was driving along in the Astra behind and she looked just GORGEOUS on the road.

:LOL:

Welcome to alfa ownership ;) Mine always brought a smile to my face.

Oh and I suppose you should have an official welcome to alfadriver now you are one :yay:

Good, you can come and pick me up then i can have a few beers :D

Ta very much - I keep looking out the window and smiling from ear to ear. just need to get the insurance sorted on Monday so I can drive her lots

Know what you mean :D

Can't wait to get Aphrodite back

Mario is an awesome name for a car. Ewan is the only name that's been suggested for mine, because the reg. ends in EWN...

I'm now gonna make a thread telling people to name my car :)

Took the GTV out today for the first proper drive...I absolutely f*%~ing love it. End of. Even if I was driving it in the rain, on the M6, and stuck in a traffic jam going "oh shit, my temp gauge is going up....fans kicked in...phew...oh shit it's gone back up....phew back down....oh shi..." I'm really not going to go on, you get the jist. Welcome to alfa ownership!! I hope it's not always that nerve wracking