Sign in to follow this  
GeTAway Al

The motorbike thread..............

It's not exactly a car, but it's got wheels and a PETROL POWERED engine :thumbs:

Had a few minor alterations since i got it back in April:

twin headlights

"dinky blinkers" on the front (not got around to the back yet).

Renthal flat handlebars

Bar end mirrors

GRP Belly pan

GRP Front hugger mudguard (as opposed to the crappy fake CF one which i hated).

That is all up to now. Future plans include:

Getting shot of the ugly rear fender and numberplate holder and replacing with a tail tidy.

Powercommander unit (piggyback ECU for increased power etc etc).

And maybe wavy discs on the front :cool:

BEFORE:post-113-134189382265_thumb.jpg

AFTER: post-113-134189382268_thumb.jpg

I used to have one of these. But then I had to sell it as boy2spark was born and I didn't have a car. Only learned to drive then 5 years ago.

yamaha_xvs650_02.jpg

I used to have one of these. But then I had to sell it as boy2spark was born and I didn't have a car. Only learned to drive then 5 years ago.

Noted.

:evil:

I dont like bikes... but have to admit ducati do know how to make them look good :cool:

Noted.

:Confused:

Noted.

I dont like bikes... but have to admit ducati do know how to make them look good :cool:

The 996 is a much more flickable bike through the corners than the Yamaha R1 or Honda SP1.

Both the R1 and SP1 that I had are fantastic bikes,but they are no match for the agility of the 996 on the twisty bits. :D

I know zip about bikes but that 996 is a very pretty machine.

I'm currently toying with ditching the 156 and getting a little 125 for commuting. But then I'm also considering ditching the 156, buying a Jaaaag XJ6 and going to work on the train.

I know zip about bikes but that 996 is a very pretty machine.

I'm currently toying with ditching the 156 and getting a little 125 for commuting. But then I'm also considering ditching the 156, buying a Jaaaag XJ6 and going to work on the train.

Don't bother with a 125. you'll be bored of it in 6 months and after something bigger. Get you bike test done and get a bigger bike first off. Nice cruiser :cool:

MODERATOR NOTICE:

Just to let everyone know, I've merged GeTAway Al's My Lil' Monster thread into this thread (i.e. The motorbike thread.........).

Please post all motorbike-related stuff in here. Cheers. :thumbs:

MODERATOR NOTICE:

Just to let everyone know, I've merged GeTAway Al's My Lil' Monster thread into this thread (i.e. The motorbike thread.........).

could have put the posts in the right order couldn't you.

Nooooooo :LOL:

Note to self - don't wory about your modding skills, they're fine :thumbs:

MODERATOR NOTICE:

could have put the posts in the right order couldn't you.

Nooooooo :LOL:

Note to self - don't wory about your modding skills, they're fine :thumbs:

If you don't like it, 2spark, you can always kiss my rosy red arse. :finger:

:LOL:

PS: ducatiboi - that 996 is absolutely gorgeous. :Love: I think I might have just had a minor male crisis, just looking at the pictures. :$

:LOL: was going to comment about things between his legs, but even AD wouldn't accept it!

:LOL: was going to comment about things between his legs, but even AD wouldn't accept it!

Nah, it'll be fine. :thumbs:

Crack on. :D

i want a bike but its hard enough being sensible in my car so i know what i would do if i got a bike and it wouldn't be anything sensible :LOL:

Ohhhh... now I miss my bikes.. :( but to many idiots on the road.. I love the ducatis but still wouldnt have one... one as I am to short.. If I was having another bike at the moment I would have to get a new r6... :)

Last bike I had was a sv1000s :) but had the seat lowered.. lol.. I only have short legs.

Hubby has a Gsx600r suzuki K4 he had a K3 for about a week, but traded it in for the better looking K4 which came out straight after

He used to have a Honda CG125, then a Yamaha DT125. He also borrowed lots of cool bikes from work when he was a motorbike mechanic :cool:

I have a Yamaha RD125 with a Yamaha TZR 125 engine, though the engine. Doesn't quite fit :cry:

The best bike story I have is when my dog ran away and was found 6 miles away. Hubby got the call that he'd been found by the vet, and rushed to get him, forgetting he was on the bike!!!!

The poor little dog (a jack Russell cross) was put in hubby's back pack, top open, worn on hubby's front....he was fine til he got near our old walking route, when the little paws creeped out and tested on the petrol tank!! Hubby hot some funny looks

I love the ducatis but still wouldnt have one... one as I am to short..

... Wat?

I struggle with standover clearance on a ZXR400 and a 675, but I have yet to find a Duc I'm not comfortable on.

Also, ducatiboy, I can only say one thing about that 996.

:omnom:

*Edit*

Now that I've posted in here, it seems rude not to be a bit of a photo-balloon.

My (now sold :cry: ) Kwak.

1994 Kawasaki ZXR 400 L4.

On Bridgestone Battlax BT 020s front and rear

Micron can,

EBC Pro-Lite discs and pads I believe are also EBC, though I know not what.

Aftermarket fairings,

[Tail tidy,

rear indicators,

plate mounted reflector]

(those three were done after I took these pics, so you won't see the indicators, but they were Motrax LED tips.)

(Not very many) tonnes of chuckable green fun.

MyNinja.jpg

MyZXR400.jpg

Meonthebike.jpg

(That is me a couple of years ago, and no, I'm not trying to look mean, I'm squinting against the sunlight)

TheBikes.jpg

TheBikes2.jpg

ZXR400L4ForkTop.jpg

ZXR400L4O-SRear.jpg