K9d

166 Restoration

Acapulco Al says pour petrol over the megane ... Everyone will know, but no one will care.

What killed your 147, Gibot?

Acapulco Al says pour petrol over the megane ... Everyone will know, but no one will care.

Bloody hell that's a blast form the past :LOL:

Drove the Megane today, its not a bad car really but its not an Alfa :(

I've crossed a line, haven't I :(

Its been nice knowing you but I know I must do the honourable thing. :walksawayslowlygentlyweeping:

The 164 :LOL:

See above forgot to press the quote button AAAArgh

It went off with a loud bang and a very large cloud of smoke think it threw a rod :prolapse:

Edited by Gibot123

I'd only just replaced it too and paid for tax and a new mot.

Now sulking unconsoleably with no money and two broken Alfas wondering what to do next.

I'd only just replaced it too and paid for tax and a new mot.

Now sulking unconsoleably with no money and two broken Alfas wondering what to do next.

I know they feeling :(

Fortunately I still have 2 working Alfas and another car that can't be mentioned :LOL:

Yep not sure what to do but at the moment looking like the alfa grave yard no one has shown any interest in it even tho it has a new mot so if I have no response by the weekend just going to cash in the tax and let the scrap guy next door take it away.

At least with the tax and the scrap value I should get about £300 back on the card to reduce the payments if nothing else.

All a bit sad but that's cars took a gamble and it didn't come good.

Yeah that's really nice only about 35 miles from me shame I'm not sure I've got £9.99 at the mo never mind £9,999 :)

Don't hardly ever see those anymore I would think that's a pretty good investment look in really nice condition too.

My old boss used to collect old stuff like this.

All kinds of old viehcles

Did a lot work on his Scammels as an apprentice

Edited by WTI

That brings back some memories had loads of suds. the only thing you will find strange is the off set driving position but great little cars and at that sort of price for that condition cheap.

I dont like Warminster. I had the Green one in my pics written off there on the way back from weston S-M .Taxi pulled straight out in front of me in a 30 mph moving line of traffic :rant:

Should be ok from the pics but make sure if you go to see it you put your hand up under the front arches and feel the box turret that the front shocks are attached to to check for any corrosion and also carefully look around the fixing points for the rear tailgate hinges as these can suffer from stress damage due to the weight of the tailgate and the stength of the metal.

There is a lot of snobery over the validity of these being a proper alfa but drive it and you will know it is.

the debate is that it was made in the wrong factory and was front wheel drive .

talk to anyone who has owned one and they will praise its handling and performance .

its great fun for a 105 bhp real lane muncher for its size. and under £2000 would say a good invest ment . Very rare in that condition. :hubba:

The onlt other thing that you should look for is the front brakes they are inboard mounted on the gear box and can be a real pain to work on .

If they havent been changed for 33 outboard ones on the wheels that is.

the reason they put them on the box was to reduce unsprung weight which is part of the reason for the great handling.

apart from that very easy to work on .

Edited by Gibot123

Cheers I will bear all that in mind.

Sod the doubters, if its got an Alfa badge its an Alfa, unless its an Arna :LOL:

There are some who never seem to realise that car companies have to move with the times

FWD is wrong, diesel is wrong, auto box is wrong etc. :rolleyes:

A guy I work with knows the car and owner, he seems to think its in good condition, the tricky bit is persuading Kathy that we "need" it. :LOL: