Sign in to follow this  
northernbstard

Can a Samsung tablet really replace...

I have my phone linked to the head unit by bluetooth. Music, radio, movies, tv streaming, calls all come through the speakers.

My tablet is too big to use, but I am going to buy a 7 inch one asap to use.

So no, it can't replace it, as it needs to stream to it, but it compliments it very nicely. :thumbs;

I have my phone linked to the head unit by bluetooth. Music, radio, movies, tv streaming, calls all come through the speakers.

My tablet is too big to use, but I am going to buy a 7 inch one asap to use.

So no, it can't replace it, as it needs to stream to it, but it compliments it very nicely. :thumbs;

I use my phone linked :D

Gay part is it's via a lead :LOL:

I got a bluetooth head unit as it makes it legal to dial numbers on it while driving and I can do voice dialing/answering. it also mutes the stereo during calls etc and shows the track info and lets me control the music from the stereo too.

Never really saw the point of it til I was sat in a car 12 hrs a day :LOL:

I can do all that except calls :(

I can also control the head unit via remote...

But I have no rear seats so that is REALLY pointless

:LOL: I never understood head unit remotes. The driver can reach it, and everyone knows ONLY THE DRIVER is allowed to control the stereo. :tut:

My corsa had a remote control head unit :D. It was constantly 'on' so the only thing i found the remote usefull for was turning the music up as people walked past an empty car :LOL:

:LOL: I never understood head unit remotes. The driver can reach it, and everyone knows ONLY THE DRIVER is allowed to control the stereo. :tut:

Supposedly

I always fiddle with hubby's (stereo) when he's driving... I have better taste :D

You'd be out and walking if you did that in my car.

You'd be out and walking with a black eye if you did that in my car.

:whistle:

As would hubby in mine,

But he's laidback :) and knows which side his bread is buttered ;)

The front of my stereo lives in the drivers door, I don't usually have music on, but when I do its Radio 2 and that isn't what everyone else wants so its easier to just not bother .

Have 2 remotes for mine, one crappy one which just controls the TV Tuner, and one mega one which does the DVD head unit, Nav, iPod and TV - everything basically. Remote is useful for changing the source without reaching across to the dashboard - handy if the law comes by and I've got the TV/DVD on. :whistle:

Both remotes live in the driver's door, because you can shout "shotgun" all you like, but it's my car so my choice - the only thing the passenger is allowed to touch is the volume, because I don't want their ears bleeding all over the leather. :D