Sign in to follow this  
StescoG66

Opinion sought on wheels

Going to put these on my GT while I refurb my teledials (17"). Got these they were a bit knackered, so have spruced them up somewhat. Don't know what they'll look like on the car but I can't help feeling I'm gonna like them and they'll stay on :$ .

Sacrilege :cry2: I know as Alfas generally look best with Alfa wheels. Your opinions sought and appreciated. Pardon the poor mobile phone pic too. I have since wet n'dried them a bit more and re-lacquered them and TBH look the dogs :thumbs:

For the record, they came off a GTV and are ET35 so fit just dandy. Also toying with getting new rubber on the Teles once I have dorted them and going up to 225/45 17" and my query is while there is reference to tyre pressures in the manual for these tyres, no variants are actually shown as having them fitted. Anybody running this size and what are the results? Alternatively what are the thoughts with regard to perhaps putting on 205/50 17's to give a bit more sidewall to cushion out our shitty roads??

Can't help you with the techy bit but aesthetically I like the look of that wheel :thumbs:

Not a huge fan of the teledial myself, prefer a multispoke generally. (There, I've said it :o )

You'll know for sure once you get them on and I wouldn't feel too bad about not fitting the teles. Tey'll even fetch you a fair price which will make you feel better I'm sure

Can't help you with the techy bit but aesthetically I like the look of that wheel :thumbs:

Not a huge fan of the teledial myself, prefer a multispoke generally. (There, I've said it :o )

You'll know for sure once you get them on and I wouldn't feel too bad about not fitting the teles. Tey'll even fetch you a fair price which will make you feel better I'm sure

you will burn in hell for that comment!! :rant:

nice looking wheels will look fab on a GT seen them before on one well that style anyway, get some pics up when they are on, post a pic with the GT with teles on if youve got one

Quite a few alloy wheel websites have been tyre size calculators to work out what size tyres you can use without affecting the standard rolling radius.

Personally I never found 45's to be too harsh, but but I also do everything round on 30's for a couple of years, and had 7j 40's stretched onto 9j wheels, and so my opinion of what's harsh is a bit warped.

I like those wheels, they're not too lairy but stand out enough to be an improvement imo.

Now fitted. Can't make my mind up though whther I like or not. Just so different tothe Teles. Despite both being 17" these just look smaller somehow . . . . . Have lost centrecaps though so will need to get replacements :grr:

They do look...small. It's kinda weird actually.

Nice wheels, just they look too much like castor wheels on the gt... I'm sorry but I don't like it D:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Looks good, maybe its the gap between the wheel arches which makes them look smaller ?

mmmmmmm

Not quite right. They do look little :Confused:

Think the silver is a bit wrong for the car.

Sorry, I wanted to like them and tey are nice wheels but not quite right fitted

Going to put these on my GT while I refurb my teledials (17"). Got these they were a bit knackered, so have spruced them up somewhat. Don't know what they'll look like on the car but I can't help feeling I'm gonna like them and they'll stay on :$ .

Sacrilege :cry2: I know as Alfas generally look best with Alfa wheels. Your opinions sought and appreciated. Pardon the poor mobile phone pic too. I have since wet n'dried them a bit more and re-lacquered them and TBH look the dogs :thumbs:

For the record, they came off a GTV and are ET35 so fit just dandy. Also toying with getting new rubber on the Teles once I have dorted them and going up to 225/45 17" and my query is while there is reference to tyre pressures in the manual for these tyres, no variants are actually shown as having them fitted. Anybody running this size and what are the results? Alternatively what are the thoughts with regard to perhaps putting on 205/50 17's to give a bit more sidewall to cushion out our shitty roads??

Very Beemeresque and rancid.

I was going to say I think they look really good :whistle:

But I better stick with Majority and say that I don't think they look quite right.

Although as a temporary measure they'll be fine :thumbs:

I suspect the Teledials will go back on when I eventually refurb them. However these will be kept for when I eventually sell the car and the Teledials will get sold separately . . . . .

Going to get the teles blasted and either re-paint or polish to an aluminium shine like the flat surfaces are on these wheels I just fitted.

However - I did notice the Teles markedly heavier to carry and strangely the car now feels more nimble and less lead booted on the road. Or I could be havering . . . . .

Pic with Teles attached.

Well much to my - and many on heres - annoyance I think they are going to stay ON. As I said before these wheels are lighter than the Teledials and the difference in the cars behaviour is vast. It can't just be imagination as on the roads I drive every day there is a quickness of response I havent ever noticed before. And it doesn't seem to crash into bumps quite as badly either. Please tell me I am not imagining this someone . . . .

i think they look better then the tele's anyway, and if they handle better bonus!!!

Can't see that you're imagining it if there's that much of a difference.

Keep them on and enjoy :thumbs:

Can someone explain the physics?? I know there is a difference in unsprung weight but can a few KG so low down on the car make such a vast difference to the way the car drives?? :Confused:

Wider wheels?

Different tyre size giving more compression and more road conatact?

Even though it's only a couple of KG, rotating mass is much heavier then stationary mass as it's multiplied.

The lighter the wheel the less to multiply

Wider wheels?

Different tyre size giving more compression and more road conatact?

Nope tyres were swapped off the teles on to these wheels and in identical positions also. Pressures are between 35-37 psi