Sign in to follow this  
2spark

The cloverleaf

What's the significance?

or more to the point can I stick some on my car without being flamed??

not sure why its a cloverleaf but its to signify the sportier models.

Putting them on yours would be a bit like putting an M badge on a 316. :tut:

not sure why its a cloverleaf but its to signify the sportier models.

Putting them on yours would be a bit like putting an M badge on a 316. :tut:

I have a sportpack. :P

I really wanted to put them on :cry:

put them on, just dont tell anyone on here.

Nobody will see them as your car is never going to make it to any meets anyway :thumbs:

actually its a hyundai i10 rental car at the moment until the C1 is sorted :facepalm:

(a surprisingly neat little package of a car though tbh :$)

Putting a Cloverleaf on a non-Cloverlead car is akin to "M" badges on a 316 BMW,

Cloverleaf, or Quadrifoglio, badges denote high-end in comfort and engine size variants of Alfa Romeo cars, but previously denoted Alfa Romeo racing cars in the pre-Second-World-War era. The image first appeared in 1923 when Ugo Sivocci presented one prior to the start of the 14th Targa Florio as a good luck token to the team. This became the symbol of competition Alfas, denoting higher performance. Some modern Alfas wear a cloverleaf badge which is typically a green four leaf clover on a white background (Quadrifoglio Verde), but variants of blue on white have been recently observed as well.

Having owned three (33 1.7 Green Cloverleaf Veloce, and two 75 3.0 V6 Cloverleafs one Veloce one not) they are not the same as the non-cloverleafs...but I'd be hard-pressed to spot the difference on a 75

Once I'm resprayed mine will have them, but hoping to have the fastest road 916 GTV in the uk, so I'm allowed :P that and I need all the luck I can get :LOL:

I think you can put ones on the wing with no problem.

or the little serpents....

but not on the boot lid.

Unless it's a MiTo or Giulietta, then :tut: as it's where the realcloverleafs are.

Putting a Cloverleaf on a non-Cloverlead car is akin to "M" badges on a 316 BMW,

Cloverleaf, or Quadrifoglio, badges denote high-end in comfort and engine size variants of Alfa Romeo cars, but previously denoted Alfa Romeo racing cars in the pre-Second-World-War era. The image first appeared in 1923 when Ugo Sivocci presented one prior to the start of the 14th Targa Florio as a good luck token to the team. This became the symbol of competition Alfas, denoting higher performance. Some modern Alfas wear a cloverleaf badge which is typically a green four leaf clover on a white background (Quadrifoglio Verde), but variants of blue on white have been recently observed as well.

Having owned three (33 1.7 Green Cloverleaf Veloce, and two 75 3.0 V6 Cloverleafs one Veloce one not) they are not the same as the non-cloverleafs...but I'd be hard-pressed to spot the difference on a 75

And red.

And put one on a diesel and I shall mock you till the end of time.

And red.

And put one on a diesel and I shall mock you till the end of time.

Do I have to take them off my 156 now ????

:LOL:

I have them on the wings of both of mine, though the 145 is a QV anyway :rolleyes: