Sign in to follow this  
WTI

Right then have we all

Warmed to the Mito and Giulietta yet.

I to be honest havent.We are missing the Bertone and Pinninfarina design in my opinion

Bit too curvy for me.

I remember being behind my first G and thinking cor! that's nice, then overtaking and wondering where it had gone as the front end was no where near as nice.

Apart from the 147 I think that the mito is the best small car TBH. May be different to the alfa norm but much better than anything else of its class.

Would I buy either?

Nope. My money would go on a sorted GTV.

I love curves! Ive been in a Mito and it's not too bad inside. I love all the cubbyholes, feels like a girls car IMO

Bit too curvy for me.

I remember being behind my first G and thinking cor! that's nice, then overtaking and wondering where it had gone as the front end was no where near as nice.

OApart from the 147 I think that the mito is the best small car TBH. May be different to the alfa norm but much better than anything else of its class.

Would I buy either?

Nope. My money would go on a sorted GTV.

Right on the money there sparky but i would have brera next if she allows it :LOL:

Dont really like any of alfa's new models tbh brera and spider look too big and heavy, when the GTV looked light and nimble the guiletta looks nice buts thats all tbh. the MiTo has more going for it but needs a wopping big mean turbo on it. the GT was alfas last stunner along with the 156GTA of course lets hope they dont change the 4c too much.

I think the arse end of the giulietta looks like an astra

+1

They seem to be selling loads of both getting quite common round here.Better sales can only be good for the marque i just hope there are some good designs in the pipeline and they dont produce a so so car with the giulia

They seem to be selling loads of both getting quite common round here.Better sales can only be good for the marque i just hope there are some good designs in the pipeline and they dont produce a so so car with the giulia

From the pics I've seen of the Giula, it looks a nice car but my 159 was beautiful......I love the front of the 159 and Brera and am surprised Alfa are moving away from this look tbh but suppose it's inevitable. When I sat in a Brera recently, I was smitten, and still want one over a Giuliietta more than likely.

Everything was going to be a let down after the brera and 159.

I'm starting to really like the Mito, but the giulietta (if you call it a G you are an idiot, its not gangsta and neither are you) is too lardy for my liking.

It's only a G as I cant be arsed to spell guil.............................meh

:LOL:

did you call it a G? :teehee: I only skim read the thread, didnt notice that.

My point still stands :rasp:

I looked at a few Mitos before I got the GT, and tbh yes they loked nice (all the ones I looked at were red too) but the test drive didnt 'do it' for me, they seemed a bit... non alfa. I like the guilietta though, but it was too new for the money I had to spend. I like the idea of a Brera or a 159 but I need good fuel economy (I get 50mpg from bella blue 1.9jtd) and I think as great as they look they are a bit heavy.

sorry thats all a bit off topic, so to recap, Mito nice but not 'alfa' enough, Guiletta yes please.

yep the gt was the last IMHO with the 159 a close second

I'm with Munky on the G thing. when I first saw someone refer to the their car as a G I was a bit baffled.

As for the cars, I quite like the MiTo. It's quite quirky. The Joolie (as I've taken to calling it because it sounds less twattish than G) looks brilliant from the back (especially at night), but the front is a bit meh! To pick up on what was said above I think Top Gear have a lot to answer for. A few years ago they passed comment that Vauxhall had the best looking range of cars and now every new car looks like an Astra or a Vectra.

i'm warming a little bit to the mito, but still not convinced. the giulietta is a good looking car, especially the back. yes it does look a bit astra-ish but lets face it the astra's actually not a bad looking thing is it? still don't like the front on a giulietta though - REALLY don't like it.

alfa need to ditch the whole bug eyed thing - having a vast blank expanse of nothing in between the shield and the lights looks cack even on a medium sized car like the G, i shudder to think how shit it would look on a big saloon :facepalm:

I agree whole-heartedly with that, it just looks wrong. Like this guy -> :omg:

I think the comparisons to astras are laughable... yes, it looks vaguely the same shape as quite a lot of 4 door hatchbacks... what the fuck did you expect? Its a 4 door hatchback! :facepalm:

The step of the boot/rear screen, shape of the lights... similar ish almost to the astra, oh and the golf, and that other one, and the one those other chaps make, and those ones, and.... all of them. :rolleyes:

I personally don't like the way the bmw 3 series looks like a mondeo... whats up with putting 4 doors and a boot on a 4 door saloon just like ford do, have bmw run out of design ideas? It should have 11 doors and the boot should come out of the roof, then it would be its own car.