K9d

166 Restoration

From the letter I have it looks like lloyds, they're all money grabbing bastards anyway.

I think because the total claim is so low they can't be arsed.

£900 for my car less £450 excess

The Citroen van was on a 51 plate so not worth a lot either.

But as for their engineers if they can't spot the lower wishbone hanging off and twisted but the bolt still intact they don't deserve to give themselves the title of engineers. The only possible redeeming point would be if the bolt has come out in the process of moving the car and isn't there for them to see. But they have a picture of it now.

If you don't get what you want, ombudsman or small claims court.

Incidentally, I always go for a £0 voluntary excess - the difference in premium isn't much and the amount you get back if necessary could be.

Never understood the excess its ok if you have a new car as its just a small amount but on the older cars like yours its half the value .

Makes you wonder what they are insuring you for.

I know its a legal requirement but the less you have the more important the small amounts become .not fair :cry:

I understand your points about excess, but when you've got 4 cars the little bits start to add up.

I'm not too fussed by the money, the car cost me £1K 4 years ago so I haven't really lost a lot, its about the principal.

There's always plenty of adverts for "where there's a blame there's a claim" companies, how much can I get for the mental damage I used to really enjoy driving but now its just something I do to get from A-B :(

Indeed. You could actually claim quite a lot. But you said you're not going to.

That was then, I was grateful to get out relatively unscathed but as time has gone on my body is healing but my brain is going the other way :(

Find yourself a nice 3.0 manual your spirit will soon come back.

I'm in a mind at the mo to get a little basic cheap as chips cinquecento to run about in and keep the money and spend it on the 164.

To be honest unless you go out of your way where I am to find a decent bit of road you never get above 40 mph so as long as the stereo drowns out the traffic and takes your mind of the stop start boredom it doesn't matter too much.

Mentally you must remind yourself that the accident was not due to yours or anyone else's driving .

Over the years I ve had a few close calls but it was my love of the alfa that got me through.

Try not to mull over it too much . :)

Edited by Gibot123

I'm sure time will be a good healer, my 156 is helping by being so bloody good at what it does :)

Rang the insurance thieves this morning to transfer the insurance to the Megane which runs out on 22nd Nov, they can't hold it open that long.

So I said just cancel it then and refund me the remaining balance, but no because its an at fault claim I get no refund :mad:

I pointed out its in dispute because their engineers couldn't find as fault with the car but I have since emailed a picture of the bolt, no all of a sudden the will hold it open whilst they investigate. :nonono:

Its bloody ridiculous, if I had chosen to pay monthly I would just stop paying, its defiantly a case of "if he doesn't make a fuss lets go for the easy option" :wanker:

Bastards :evil:

What about the other 166 you see at work? Or are you after something difrent now?

Not after another 166, don't really know what I want next.

My 156 makes its tricky for me, it just keeps going, is quick enough but still gives 40+mpg, comfy and can carry a lot of crap when needed.

We may get a motorhome rather than another car and then sell either the 147 or Megane, I will keep the 156 till it dies and Kathy will have whichever car we keep from the other two.

Stupid thing with the insurance is they will switch it to another vehicle but won't refund it if I cancel. :Confused:

Cancel your holiday :). Its more for your money so makes perfect sense & you can go on holiday another time :)

It's missing 2 cylinders

I know what you mean, but one thing I found with my V6 is my enjoyment was marred by frequent visits to the petrol pump :(

I know when I followed you out of Silverstone staying with you on acceleration wasn't easy in my twinny, but aside from those times its a good engine with a nice spread of torque and can return 40mpg on a run.

Cancel your holiday :). Its more for your money so makes perfect sense & you can go on holiday another time :)

Not sure Kathy would be so understanding :LOL:

Tried that, I have never heard her use such language :nonono:

She said next time she meets you she's going to reach up and punch you right in the knees :LOL:

• Like 1

Lmao

The twinny did well : thumbs:

The GTV is good on fuel gonna miss both tbh :(

But I have a plan for another Alfa ;)

Tried that, I have never heard her use such language :nonono:

She said next time she meets you she's going to reach up and punch you right in the knees :LOL:

Did she speak to you in romanian then? :Confused:

:LOL:

:Thinking: what if you had to go and look at the car for 'a friend' and this 'friend' said they would pay you back the money if you bought the car for them but then suddenly this 'friend' was taken hostage by somalian pirates and couldn't get you the money so you looked after it for your 'friend' would that work? those pirates keep hold of people for years if they have to :whistle:

Hmmm, I think you may be on to something there, my friend Ben the sailor has expressed an interest in an Alfa :LOL:

Perhaps Kathy will buy it for me for my birthday. :Praying:

On the plus side I think Kathy has sold the Megane :yay: