K9d

166 Restoration

In the order presented

No lovely car but too new

I'm coming round to the rubber bumpers, in that colour they seem to be less obvious

That looks like a loads of rust held together with paint :LOL:

The seller is dreaming £3,500 for a 166 :nonono:, I wish it was worth that would make the insurance payout better.

Yes I did think it was a bit much for the 166.

The spider is nice shame it's lhd but looks good in black

Had an email from the insurance company, they valued the car at £900 then less my £450 excess leaves me £450.

It seems a fair value for the car so I'm not going to quibble over a few quid more.

They have asked me for details of the garage who did the suspension work so they can contact them, I take this to mean they are sure that the dodgy work was to blame.

I have asked the insurance if I should make a claim against the garage to try and recover the money I spent getting the car "fixed"

I can now apply for a refund on my car tax, but can't find the bloody disc :mad:, at the worst this means I have to ring DVLA for a form then pay a £7 admin fee.

Yeah that's reasonable .

I would probably wait see what the insurance come up with they may gain info that can help you.

You need to claim for loss of no claims as well as your excess plus compensation for work carried out and distress due to the accident

Might even be worth you talking to a personal injury solicitor. Yeah I know but it wasn't your fault and it might help someone else if they learn the lesson the hard way..?

Did you pay for legal cover? You could see if that will help you claim against the garage. You could easily have whiplash, you know, after a crash like that ... ;)

He had a chinese burn FFS, ignore the whiplash! :tut:

:teehee:

if you can get anything from the garage if they were at fault you should, if it had been the corner before or the corner after it could have ended a whole lot worse than it did (and its pretty bad what did happen anyway :o)

Yeah that's reasonable .

I would probably wait see what the insurance come up with they may gain info that can help you.

You need to claim for loss of no claims as well as your excess plus compensation for work carried out and distress due to the accident

Might even be worth you talking to a personal injury solicitor. Yeah I know but it wasn't your fault and it might help someone else if they learn the lesson the hard way..?

Some good points there :thumbs:

Good points :thumbs:

Did you pay for legal cover? You could see if that will help you claim against the garage. You could easily have whiplash, you know, after a crash like that ... ;)

I have legal cover with the CWU :), won't be joining the compensation culture but will claim for what I feel is right.

He had a chinese burn FFS, ignore the whiplash! :tut:

:teehee:

if you can get anything from the garage if they were at fault you should, if it had been the corner before or the corner after it could have ended a whole lot worse than it did (and its pretty bad what did happen anyway :o)

It was a nasty Chinese burn :(

Your right it could have been a lot worse and I'm still very grateful it wasn't.

Just hope it all works out in your favour as in reality the accident wasn't really your fault .

Believe me if the insurance company can find a responsible party to blame they will .

You can garantee they will get their " pound of flesh " you are the wronged party not them . They have only had to pay out half the value of your car they can't loose .

Just make sure you get what it's cost you back .

Plus don't forget they will be quick enough to bump your policy up next year just because you have made a claim so there is another out of pocket expense that will carry on till you get back to A 10 year no claims history again.

It's easy to forget all that . ;)

Because of the stupid way insurance companies work every single policy I have will rise in price :mad:

The policy on the Megane runs out in a month, so I will switch the 166 insurance over to that, the next one due is the 156 in Feb so hopefully things will be sorted by then, but no doubt they will still screw me over. :(

Hahaha I looked at that was gonna nick the engine out of it for a 75 but vantastic has shown me a different path :LOL:

Just had an email from the insurance company to say their engineers couldn't see any nuts or parts missing. :nonono:, fucking unbelievable, engineers my arse :rant:

I've now sent them this picture

WP_20130918_004.jpg

asking them to have a look at it and explain where the nut has gone and pointing out there was a nut on the other side. All the lazy fuckers want is an easy life and to bump up my insurance premiums :mad:

That's a heap :nonono:

I don't think its as bad as it looks it would look ten times better with a clean just very dirty where it's been stood.

Ordered my second headlight for the 164 for the mot and it turned up broken aaaggggrrrr! That's the second one in a row took me months to track them down aswell. Looked like someone had been playing football with the box. It was bubbler wrapped aswell?

That's unbeliveable where did they send it?

Don't know, maybe the same cowboys who "fixed" it or the MOT station that didn't notice it :nonono:

When I spoke to the insurance company after the accident I described exactly what the problem was, perhaps I was too vague for them "A bolt was missing from the lower wishbone drivers side" :rolleyes:

Name and shame the insurance company. Better still, I'll have a stab at guessing. Norwich Union.