twisted_pr

Clarkson Savages Mito

Anyone read Clarkson's review of the Mito in the Sunday Times http://www.thesunday...icle1226096.ece (needs subscription for full article)?

By awarding it Zero stars, and berating the power, gearchange, ride, driving position and price I think it's safe to say he's not a fan of the Twin Air 0.9 Mito. Never been in one so can't comment on any of those "issues", but 84bhp into 1,100kg doesn't sound like much fun. :(

He fails to mention that with CO2 emissions being lower than 100g/km it gets free Road Tax and is exempt from the Congestion Charge, potentially saving a small fortune each year. And I'll wager that you look less of twat in a high revving but slow travelling Mito than in any other CC dodging vehicle (eg Smart, anything electric etc). :yay:

However, he does say that he love Alfas and can't understand why the 159 was dropped, so it's not all Serpent bashing. :)

Its good that he gives it zero stars, we need Alfa to be considered, rubbish, unreliable rustbuckets, it keep residuals low and more importantly keeps them rare.

I don't want to drive an eVeryWones got one and constantly see the same car driving towards me.

I realise as a business model mine isn't great, but that's why Fiat exist it can make a profit and suppprt Alfa. :)

Guest Tony156

If he told me it dark outside and it was midnight, I'd go out side and check.

He's an arsehole.

I nominate him as twat of the day, only can we make it a month?

I like old Jeremy but his article all sounds a bit much.

Yes, he is right about the 159, though - loved owning mine :cool: Obviously being replaced by the Giulia but still a truly beautiful Alfa (ditto Brera).

I find the guy entertaining, but I would no more take his advice on which car to buy than I would from my mother. :tut:

Anyone who takes his car-related advice seriously needs their head read. :LOL:

Qv is the only mito I'd have oh and NB's just to piss him off. All the other models can do one

I'd have NBs mito and to piss him off..

I'd change everything back to standard the badges the fucking lot :evil:

Anyone can do what Clarkson does...

"The Golf. Drives well, doesn't look like a startled owl."

Fuckin' easy, mate. :LOL:

" The Mito, looks like a startled owl but at least not eVeryWones got one"

I see what you mean, fucking easy. :LOL:

Mito. Great little car. I mean seriously good and great fun to throw around

The TA engine is a great little engine but it only works in the Fiat 500 where it doesnt have as much weight to lug about. Its even shit in the Panda which is essentially the same car.

Its shit in the Punto, its shit in the Mito. You have to drive it hard to get anywhere at a decent pace and once you start revving both its cylinders, it vibrates and shakes the whole car. Not to mention the noise levels inside the cabin.

Basically, Clarkson is right. Its a terrible combination, however brilliant each part is in its own right. You wouldn't match a greasy spoon cafe bacon sandwich with a glass of Bollinger after all

The problem is that with the DNA, it's only the D that does anything.

Nah. Only Dynamic makes any difference to the power delivery you mean. All weather slackens off the severity of ABS and TC. Normal is just that

Mitos handling in A mode is very good, you can have loads of fun. Just press the pedal a bit harder

Dynamic only alters the handling on the QV models fitted with the active suspension

Dynamic only alters the handling on the QV models fitted with the active suspension

That's because they are the best :D

You can make a 135MA better than a QV for less money. The better thing is you can spec the TCT gearbox :)

Alfa, are you listening? Put the fucking TCT in the QV model and i will buy one!!

I've heard the TCT 'box is supposed to be really good. Would be great if they put it in the QV but i read somewhere it isn't strong enough to take the power of a QV or summat?

Either way, i would love 1 aswell because they even have launch control don't they? :)

Well considering you can get a Giulietta 170MA TCT, i'd call that bollocks. It has the same engine and power of the Mito QV

I think what it may be, the TCT is a £2k+ option and with the QV being an already expensive car, who will pay £22-£24k for a Mito?

The box is great, lightning quick changes in D mode, decent full auto mode and yes it has launch control. Put it in Dynamic, press the brake with your left foot, plant the throttle to the floor with your right, release the brake and off you fly. The engine will only rev to 2500 while the brake is pressed :thumbs:

Oh and dont forget, the 4C has 240bhp and that uses the TCT :)

Well considering you can get a Giulietta 170MA TCT, i'd call that bollocks. It has the same engine and power of the Mito QV

I did think it was a bit strange :LOL:, like you said, the Guilietta has it so can't be a problem with it.

If i was buying a brand new MiTo QV & the option was there for the TCT i really would consider it. The sabelts are around the same price & i would rather the TCT than those. They look great but id still go for the TCT :).

It seems stupid they don't offer it in all their cars because if someone has only got an auto license, they might really want a QV but can't have :nonono:

I did think it was a bit strange :LOL:, like you said, the Guilietta has it so can't be a problem with it.

If i was buying a brand new MiTo QV & the option was there for the TCT i really would consider it. The sabelts are around the same price & i would rather the TCT than those. They look great but id still go for the TCT :).

It seems stupid they don't offer it in all their cars because if someone has only got an Lady licence, they might really want a QV but can't have :nonono:

Corrected it for you. :thumbs:

Its good that he gives it zero stars, we need Alfa to be considered, rubbish, unreliable rustbuckets, it keep residuals low and more importantly keeps them rare.

I don't want to drive an eVeryWones got one and constantly see the same car driving towards me.

I realise as a business model mine isn't great, but that's why Fiat exist it can make a profit and suppprt Alfa. :)

ATM Alfa is supporting FIAT

Alfa, supporting Fiat, with two slow-ish selling models in the range? Not so sure.

The 2011 sales figures tell the story:

Alfa Romeo - 130,535 vehicles

Fiat - 1,915,525 vehicles (2,046,060 total Fiat Group sales, minus 130,535 Alfa sales)

They can't make so much profit on 130,535 cars, that they are propping up the entire Fiat Group. :Confused:

To put the figure of 130,535 car sales into perspective, in the same year, BMW found homes for 310,050 5-Series models alone.