Anjenha

Re Mapping

Hello :D

I've been considering a re map of the Twinny for YEARS, as far back as when I got the first red one in 2007.

Has anyone had a remap on the two spark engine?

I've heard great things from most, all except Gaz, actually, who thinks I should not bother and get a V6. well, I can't afford a V6.

Thing is, when I have saved the money, who should I go to? do I wait for an offer (Group discount, 'elsewhere'?)

Any ideas, anyone?

Much appreciated :thumbs:

I believe it was Smaky who told me that 6 months down the line the ecu will tell the new map to fuck off...if memory serves me correctly it's a waste of money...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Ah the 'learning' ECU

As we discussed, Alfa got it fairly spot on with the original map. I can't help but feel she's lost a horse or two over the years. She's very well looked after, always has been as far as I can tell, but there are always a few that escape.

Bloody ponies :LOL:

Ah the 'learning' ECU

As we discussed, Alfa got it fairly spot on with the original map. I can't help but feel she's lost a horse or two over the years. She's very well looked after, always has been as far as I can tell, but there are always a few that escape.

Bloody ponies :LOL:

You're better off with a thorough service than a remap...it's a lot of money to have 15 extra horses temporarily...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Anj,

No no no no no no no no!

Your mess the timing up for starters, bad bad move...

Like these monkeys strapping superchargers to a factory spec TS...

Please for the love of god no!

If you want to go faster, strip the car of any bits you dont need!

Might be worth taking all my stilettos out the boot, then?

Have a terrible habit of driving in flats, changing my shoes when I get where I'm going... Then leaving the shoes in the boot, using a different pair the following day

Must be weighing the car down

Mapping wont mess with your timing, thats what the teeth are on the belt for. To stop it going out of time

Your ecu wont learn the map and tell it to fuck off, its too old

My 145 (up for sale ;) ) has been mapped by Gus at Alfatune and it is a brilliant little car. Pulls like a train and feels very strong right through the revs. Kicks out a proven 170bhp which aint bad for an old motor with 122k on the clock

If you just want to gather up lost horses, the needy fella with the big gay twat sig is right.

A thorough service (fluids, filters, belts, plugs, wires and the odd ancillary that might be old and slow (pumps, alternator, etc) will do the job just as well if not better.

Its all easy stuff. Get the parts at trade price from hubby and get your hands dutty woman!

Mapping is an art form and although I havnt looked at the standard map on a 156 to give any real experience but a standard map in any car will always have compromises!

I don't know the spec and any mods you have already done or have future planned for the car but as has already been said when looking to tune any car I always start with a base power run to see what I'm starting with followed by a full and in depth service as well as a good clean of the earthing points of the engine and ecu witch can cause minor power loses asswell as a coolant flush and replace anything that doesn't look quite right. And then another power run on average I whould say gains from just the service are between 6-10%.

Then any mods you have planed finished with a remap to take into count the mods you have carried out IMHO remapping a NA motor has little benefit unless there are supporting mods!

Mapping is an art form and although I havnt looked at the standard map on a 156 to give any real experience but a standard map in any car will always have compromises!

I don't know the spec and any mods you have already done or have future planned for the car but as has already been said when looking to tune any car I always start with a base power run to see what I'm starting with followed by a full and in depth service as well as a good clean of the earthing points of the engine and ecu witch can cause minor power loses asswell as a coolant flush and replace anything that doesn't look quite right. And then another power run on average I whould say gains from just the service are between 6-10%.

Then any mods you have planed finished with a remap to take into count the mods you have carried out IMHO remapping a NA motor has little benefit unless there are supporting mods!

At last, people are seeing sense, These are learning ECUs, so after that initial placebo of the engine running with the nw mp has worn off and it's learnt that it runs best er..... as it was and has readjusted the settings back to as they were then the only person left smiling is the geezer who plugged in his lappy and showed you some graphs. The boffins at Arese R&D along with the Bosch techs spent 6 months trying to get the map right for the TS because of its 3 step timing, I think that the released version is pretty spot on compared to some of the test versions I drove.

I do notice a full in depth service REALLY kicks my car up a notch. Every time. She's actually due one, soon.

After a proper conversation with my hubby, my mechanic, I'm leaving this for now. Lots of other stuff to think about, and a few hundred quid, for a few extra mpg and BHP, it's not feasible atm