Sign in to follow this  
cambio

shiny and new

well not really, getting a bit fat and old these days

found this forum thanks to a few of the guys at the oxford meet earlier in the week. I'm driving a 159 diseasel after a decade or so of fiats, maybe I'll get directed to a vauxhall vectra forum instead

Welcome, Cambio - we're very friendly here and we have no bias against diseasels here ... :LOL:

I myself have a diseasel although it isn't an Alfa. Horses for courses, right?

We also have a 156SW (the other half's) and hopefully you can get to one of our meets and see it!

Where are you?

Hello cambio!! was gonna go to the oxford meet but finished work late on monday, should make it to the next one. Big ginge is the only one that needs to go to the vauxhall forum :LOL:

cheers guys and girls, I'm between oxford and reading. Its my first diesel so we'll see how it goes! Bit strange at first mind. The 159 feels like a really grown up car, big heavy and a bit germanic :zzz: after buzzing round in biscuit tin petrol fiats forever its real pipe and slippers territory! I tend to view cars as volume transport as I've got a bike if I want to go proper fast. But they might as well look good too hey?

I've got a few issues that are causing me some grief but as I moved house not too long ago sorting the car is taking a back seat to getting rid of a pink bathroom amongst other delights. I'll post them in the techie section so you can all have a prod/ laugh!. I used to do most of the work on the fiats myself so I'll probably do the same on this. Already have a copy of fes which has been fairly busy on the 2 other alfas of work colleagues so far this year as well as mine!

I'll have to have a chat with smaky too as my old day job involved designing AMTs (selespeed style boxes) for some rather exotic italian vehicles, working with one of the guys who worked on the original sele prototypes.

We've just got rid of a pink bathroom. And a blue one and a purple one ..... :facepalm: