Sign in to follow this  
Kev Bassett

Need your opinions!

I came into some money this morning, and been thinking about the car.

The funds I have are £1217. Now what to do,

Should I sell my 156 for £400 in it's current condition? And use £1600 to buy a decent, well looked after V6 (if I can afford insurance & tax?

OR

Repair the car?

Kev, if you can swallow the running costs (namely insurance & fuel), go for the V6. :thumbs:

The singular regret during my ownership of a Busso V6 was that I had to sell it. :(

£1,600 will get you a bang tidy 156 V6 in the current "no-one wants big engined cars" climate. :cool:

Kev, if you can swallow the running costs (namely insurance & fuel), go for the V6. :thumbs:

The singular regret during my ownership of a Busso V6 was that I had to sell it. :(

£1,600 will get you a bang tidy 156 V6 in the current "no-one wants big engined cars" climate. :cool:

Just need a car plate to do insurance quotes with...

Cheers bud, il just wait until a decent one comes on pistonheads or eBay or summut.

What's the tax like for 6 months?

Just need a car plate to do insurance quotes with...

Cheers bud, il just wait until a decent one comes on pistonheads or eBay or summut.

What's the tax like for 6 months?

Painful

At 27, with two non fault accidents and less than ten years driving experience, I was quoted £800 for a V6 GTV in September :thumbs: which I didn't think was bad (just slightly out of budget)

Oh boo :(

But hey, you can get the current Bella looking spanking in the meantime :D

After service it's get the dent sorted, replacement rear door & consider getting GTA bumpers sprayed in black!

How much work needs doing to yours though?

Pretty sure at £400 Harry would be interested...

Injector sensor needs replacing bar that it's complete

Who told you that?