Sign in to follow this  
ACAPULCO AL

The Giulia - 159 replacement

it's not due until 2013 now, let's hope it's a looker. some of the early renderings were a bit gruesome tbh, thank god marchionne told them to go back to the drawing board and make it more 'alfa'

anyone got any more news??

Are there any 'official' concept pics?

I imagine a giulietta with a boot... which could work, the new styling is growing on my the more I see it. Saw a giulietta in the flesh the other day and photos don't do it justice, its a lovely looking beasty up close.

Dont think any official concepts were relesed and have to agree with AL some of the renderings were shite

The giulietta does look good in the flesh saw a black one parked up and was impressed

I do hope the giulia looks unlike the mito and giulietta though.

That would do nicely :cool:

I think the mito/giulietta front end was always going to be a bit of a let down. They got it sooo right with the brera/159 that it was almost impossible to follow that with an improvement.

I highly doubt the sharp edges of the brera front would have fared too well in the pedestrian friendly safety crap though :rolleyes:

That would do nicely :cool:

I think the mito/giulietta front end was always going to be a bit of a let down. They got it sooo right with the brera/159 that it was almost impossible to follow that with an improvement.

I highly doubt the sharp edges of the brera front would have fared too well in the pedestrian friendly safety crap though :rolleyes:

who gives a toss!? quite frankly i'd like to sand the corners of my car to points and trust me there are a lot of straight edges and corners :LOL:

The first time i saw the front end of a brera/159 i thought FUCK ME thats nice.Thats what im expecting from the Giulia

The first time i saw the front end of a brera/159 i thought FUCK ME thats nice.Thats what im expecting from the Giulia

The first attempt is a bit too MONDEO for me on the new Giulia.

Unfortunately it looks like Bannowhog spell checked it.

and stevie wonder photoshopped the giulietta front and back onto that 159...

As per Alfabhoy's last post, this one looks lovely - and pretty much production-ready. :Love:

2012-alfa-romeo-giulia_800x0w-400x266.jpg

As per Alfabhoy's last post, this one looks lovely - and pretty much production-ready. :Love:

that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

The more I look at that Auto Express picture (of the black car), the more I like it. :Love:

Having previously owned a 159 before (which is a glamourpuss of a motor) can honestly say I love it and would consider one of these as our family car :cool:

I've been following this in the alfa trade net and it's been delayed again, ealiest production run will start in Nov 2012, following the ceasation of the 159 Super (2.0 JTDm) run in sep 2012, not in granite but it's the current word on the street,

The images above were thought too Volve S60 ish for Alfa and it is nothing like that in reality at the back, there are test cars out and about and if your near Arese you may see one in the blankets.

Yes the black one is the way to go. I would definitely have one like that!

The rest are FUGLY!

just caught this...

ooooh I think I just did a sex wee :$

Yes the black one is the way to go. I would definitely have one like that!

The rest are FUGLY!

just caught this...

ooooh I think I just did a sex wee :$

Wait till you see the sportwagon :yay:

Seen the most recent concept this morning. Unfortunately I can't capture the image on my phone.

I doubt the car will come out anything like it, it was very pretty but out of Alfa's current style direction.

Long bonneted, much like the current BMW Z4. Styled in a way that at standstill it looked like it was moving, very fluid.

But I can't capture pics so thus was a pointless post.

There's info on delays here though

Http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret-new ... 2-scooped/