octinum

Long Time Admirer Getting Serious

Hi people,

I'm new here but I have been an Alfa fan for some time now. I admit I'm not as hardcore as most of you are, not very much into pre-1990's models but I'm seriously considering a 156 Sportwagon Mk. 1 with Selespeed transmission. Since I live in Turkey; where Alfas are not much popular and station wagons are even less popular; wish me luck for a Selespeed one. :)

Anyway, hope to have good time here with you.

Hi Octinum, nice to see you here - hope you enjoy it.

Good luck with your sportwagon search :thumbs:

p.s Is your avatar the GNU Bull? :biglol:

hi there, 156 best model by far, good look in your search you wont be disapointed, have a good mooch around

hi there, 156 best model by far, good look in your search you wont be disapointed, have a good mooch around

Typo there, I think you mean 166 :thumbs:

Its been so long since I've driven my 166 that I can't remember. :(

Welcome to AD :thumbs: good luck with your search for the car you want :). Im sure if you have any questions about anything there will be someone who can help you out :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome. This seems to be the "Alfa Spirit"; remember the Alfa Romeo Challenge of Top Gear? :)

@mokicat: Yep, its a "GNU Gnu". :) I'm an engineer and an enthusiast of open source software, hence the avatar.

@WTI: Maybe in the future, as the second car. :) I need cargo space for my activities (do it yourself projects, cycling etc.) so the only valid option is the Sportwagon as the sedan doesn't have folding back seats.