xyy81t

Crashed my beautiful Zoe :(

I reckon £800 would see her fixed up, it appears the chassis front cross beam was missed so it's all just basic skin and a light.

^^^^ what they all said. :thumbs:

The insurance company will just have it cubed, its not worth enough for them to bother selling it as salvage. They've written it off because its 'not financially viable to repair'. But they work on dealer/approved bodyshop parts/labour charges to work out the cost, if its more than 60% (iirc) of the cars value in the glass's guide, they bin it off.

Buy it back (probably for pennies, if not free) and fix it up on the cheap. There's bound to be one of these in the same colour sat in a scrap yard somewhere you could rape for bits. It's only a flesh wound, a days work tops I reckon.

if you cant be arsed to fix it, buy it and sell it to someone who can. You'd be stupid not to. :nonono:

• Like 1

if you cant be arsed to fix it, buy it and sell it to someone who can. You'd be stupid not to. :nonono:

Yep, please don't have her cubed!

I couldn't deal with the hassle of sorting her through vic checks and what-not. i had every intention of buying her back to use the good parts on another QV that i have sat waiting to be fixed. But, the insurance company wanted £350 for it as Salvage Value, and they wanted me to collect the car from their storage in Rugby (not allowed to drive it so hire a trailer etc) and then when i had finished with the car and was ready to move the shell on they wanted a certificate of destruction which my local scrappy would only provide if the car was complete! so more cost and hassle to hire a trailor again to take it somewhere further.

so after recovering from the headache of those telephone conversations I decided to just let her go. Be that a bad decision or not, its one i have to live with.

I couldn't deal with the hassle of sorting her through vic checks and what-not. i had every intention of buying her back to use the good parts on another QV that i have sat waiting to be fixed. But, the insurance company wanted £350 for it as Salvage Value, and they wanted me to collect the car from their storage in Rugby (not allowed to drive it so hire a trailer etc) and then when i had finished with the car and was ready to move the shell on they wanted a certificate of destruction which my local scrappy would only provide if the car was complete! so more cost and hassle to hire a trailor again to take it somewhere further.

so after recovering from the headache of those telephone conversations I decided to just let her go. Be that a bad decision or not, its one i have to live with.

A VIC check nowadays comprises of them looking under the bonnet, writing down the chassis number, making sure it matches and saying you've passed :/

Munky doesn't like Tapa signatures. Pity.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2.

I reckon £800 would see her fixed up, it appears the chassis front cross beam was missed so it's all just basic skin and a light.

The deal breaker for me was that the inner wing was bent and buckled as well as the outer wing, while i could have easily replaced the broken bits (bumper, Bonnet, grille, light, wing) i couldnt have done a decent enough repair on the inner wing to get her spot on again, plus with CAT C/D write off on her record her eventual value would be lower aswell. Not to mention the fact that i was looking to sell her on anyway :/

Cars are a lot more expensive here in Malaysia, so they would have to go through a lot more substantial damage to be written off! Would be a shame to see this car cubed.