Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

My Car

I posted this on AO but i want alot of help/advice with this so will post it here too....

I've been thinking about it on and off for a while now but now more than ever. i might sell my GTA :(.

i absoluetly love it, but.... i dont think im enjoying it as much as i did :(. ive had it since october 2010 and done about 10000 miles in it so its the most amount of miles ive ever put on a car but it feels like its getting to the point of me justifying it to myself to keep it :Confused:. i used to go out and drive it whenever i could and didnt worry about the petrol i was putting in it, the miles i was putting on it etc ( i know, mileage doesnt count :LOL:) but ive always said i would rather sell it while i still love it as it was my dream car for ages and i dont want to get to the point of not liking it anymore and ruining the 'good times'.

i knew it was never going to be an economical car when i bought it but recently i went in a 147 selespeed and realised even though it wasn't a GTA it just seemed more 'fun'. nothing could or will ever replace my GTA as it is such a special car but it just seems like the Spa trip is a good way to call it a day as it was such a good weekend and the GTA was brilliant the whole time.

ive no idea what car i would get next, it would all depend on 'if' i make the decision how much my GTA would sell for

Decisions, decicions :cry:

We do get attached to our vehicles, don't we?

Personally, in your state of mind, I think I would sell.

You know when it's over. I never let myself get to the point of just going through the motions with anything.

A year and a half isn't a long time to have got to that point, though. Normally takes me three years :)

Like you say, you don't want to be stuck not enjoying it anymore, you're young and free and childless rught niw, so You should chop and change vehicles etc while you still can :thumbs: You only live once ;)

My thoughts would be to keep it for one more year, mainly because next year we have the 147 GTA 10 year celebrations and that's not being shared with any other marque or model and all the shows will be based around the 147GTA, plus with that in mind next year it may sell for more than this due to the shows.

Thanks for your opinions/thoughts. Its definatley something i need to think about for a while :|

Flog it and get a chipped-to-fuck turbo diesel.

All the fun with half the fuel bills. :thumbs:

And before you poo-poo the idea, I know you loved driving that DERV Volvo estate. :LOL:

Mate of mine chipped his new golf...

It's bloody quick and more economical than it was...

To be fair you can't map something and make less economical :thumbs: had this discussion with Robim the other day... That reminds me...

Im not sure what i would get next, nothing could compare to my GTA so there is no point looking for similar stuff.

Think id just like some stress free motoring for a while, something where i can park it wherever & not worry too much, not thinking about have i washed it this week, where i can open the door & not worry if Pip decides he wants to come out to & jump in :LOL: but cheaper to run & fun to drive. Is there a car out there that ticks those boxes?

Im not sure id want a diesel tbh but some ate good so wouldnt rule anything out, Second cars/store the GTA are not an option as its my weekend car as it is & they need using otherwise they start messing around. Id still need to insure it, find somewhere safe to store it etc plus insure, tax, maintain etc a second car so its a no for that. If i was doing that id buy a van anyway so i could use it for work

Im not sure what i would get next, nothing could compare to my GTA so there is no point looking for similar stuff.

Think id just like some stress free motoring for a while, something where i can park it wherever & not worry too much, not thinking about have i washed it this week, where i can open the door & not worry if Pip decides he wants to come out to & jump in :LOL: but cheaper to run & fun to drive. Is there a car out there that ticks those boxes?

Im not sure id want a diesel tbh but some ate good so wouldnt rule anything out, Second cars/store the GTA are not an option as its my weekend car as it is & they need using otherwise they start messing around. Id still need to insure it, find somewhere safe to store it etc plus insure, tax, maintain etc a second car so its a no for that. If i was doing that id buy a van anyway so i could use it for work

If you want the gta left on the motor insurance database we could arrange something...:P

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

You don't have to insure it, as long as it is SORN and on private land you don't need insurance

Found that out tonight speaking to joss :thumbs: i heard an ad on the radio about insurance & sorn'ed cars but not sure what it was now :)