Sign in to follow this  
RugbyPete

Hello - Alfa Virgin :)

Hey all,

Im buying a 156 but after owning a coupe with leather seats for the last couple of years (cold in winter sweaty in summer) Im seriously considering cloth seats. Ok, they dnt look as great but once in the car i dont think it makes much difference.

How difference is the cabin quality feel of alfa cloth seats to leather ones? My bums cold just thinking of the leather... I just dont want it to downgrade my look of the gorgeous alfa. Lets be honest its either freezing in the uk of very hot.. i rarely wear coats in my car. Am I going to miss the leather?

this is purely on a quality basis, the whole kids/dogs etc. isnt on my criteria, yes I have kids but i dont mind cleaning seats thoroughly.

(so excited btw of finally owning one! Alfa virgin )

Cheers

Pete

Welcome in!

I personally love the leather, but after 11 years my seats are well worn in :D

Lots of people say the cloth is much more comfortable, why not try out both, if you can?

Thank you for choosing Alfa Driver!

There is NO love like Alfa love :)

Hi Pete and welcome.

I've owned my 156 for 9 months now and the leather seats are fine in hot or cold weather.

Personally I prefer the leather, easy to keep clean and looks better

You don't say where in the country you are, (not sure if "Rugby" is the place or just your hobby!) but if you're close to Cheltenham, there's an Alfa meet a week on Wednesday (16th) and hopefully there'll be a few Alfa's there, maybe if you aren't too far from us, you could come take a look-see and make your mind up then?

Yep, Rugby in the Midlands :) We dont get many hot days tbh, lots of cold ones...

The design is different oo ont he leather, my dads audi hasnt had any problems really... but my hyundai coupe has very flat leather and it quite cold.

Hello and welcome.

I'm not a fan of leather seats myself. Took me ages to find

A well spec'd 5 series without leather.

Hi Rugby Pete,

I personally prefer leather seats, but it's a personal choice. Try out a few and see what you think.

Hope you enjoy it here, and have a great time in your new Alfa. Post up pics when you get it :thumbs:

its personal taste but remember you can get heated leather seats which negate the coldness in winter and air con does well to combat summer heat although i agree the first few minutes on a leather seat thats been in the sun all day is not good!

6942787.jpg

:)

one droplink to replace but apart from that all good :)

Got cream leather, its really warm! I guess it depends ont he make and leather type. The hyundai coupe is really cold and thick for ages, this is warm immediately :)

Love it :)

Welcome Pete - and I think you need to update your profile now! Nice car!

Hey :)

The 156 chasis is sorted.. was out in the wet last night, the traction control is good but not intrusive.. just kicks in when im literally out of grip, its great :)

I keep getting 147's overtaking and cutting in front of me a lot... almost to go "Wooo, hey dad! Its me!" :¬D