Sign in to follow this  
milowokie

Any AO Mods here yet?

If so, hello,

in the interest of inter-board relations,

is it possible/legal to migrate posts/threads from AO to here?

Whilst the level of chat at AO has gone a bit off recently, the technical resource, provided by members is great.

This is not without precedent, there's a lot of 156.net stuff posted in the 147/156/GT lounge, for instance.

I think this cross-over would be beneficial to all.

I have also noticed that some banned from AO, (with great technical expertise) or their names at least, have arrived here.

The Classic Buying Guide for each model or Common Problems with...could be stickies in the Tech Lounge.

Not a good idea to copy anything from AO to here.

We are working on some basic guides and walkthroughs to put in the tech sections but for simplicities sake they will be written by us and our members. :thumbs:

I don't think we have any AO mods signed up here yet.

If you have any walkthroughs, guides, repair help etc that you want to stick in the relevant places please do as we need to build up that part of the forum asap. But please don't just copy and paste anything from AO as it could end up causing undue grief.

If you have written something over there yourself, it may be worth contacting the owners and asking about the legalities of 'ownership' of said article. If they agree its yours then you are obviously clear to do with it as you want. :thumbs:

That's why I wanted an AO mod to do it, if they ever turn up....

Does that mean you can't copy "Munky's Guide to Banana Eating" from AO and drop it here?

I know copying other peoples posts is a bit off, but your own?

V6Jon/NomNom/0of0/1of1 has got posts all over the web...such knowlege could be distilled into AD, a more potent forum.

ALFA Driver 100% Proof, 100% of the time.

:LOL:

to be honest, I've not looked into the legalities of content ownership on forums.

I seem to remember reading that anything typed on a forum becomes the property of the owners... but it might have been the other way round :$

I will do a bit of research and get back to you though as it would be good for people here to be able to bring their knowledge over with them.

Anything posted within AO becomes their property and therefore it would be ill advised (especially at the present time ) to cross post from another forum.

However you may type freely verbatim what is typed on another forum if it is your own work, but then why not just start a thread in the tech zone section :thumbs:

As munky has said, we will have all these things sorted soon but remember that this is an organic website to some degree so we'll see where it goes.

yup.

Anyone that does a little repair on their car, or knows how to, it would be great if they could stick up guides and stuff. :thumbs:

When I get the time I'll get my pics of taking the inlet and rocker cover off to clean them up and paint, lots of pics to go with it too.

Sadly thats about as much as I did to my car except the engine swap and I was more of a tea boy for that operation so not much use :LOL:

Any mot questions though and I'm a fountain of knowledge :D

yup.

Anyone that does a little repair on their car, or knows how to, it would be great if they could stick up guides and stuff. :thumbs:

When I get the time I'll get my pics of taking the inlet and rocker cover off to clean them up and paint, lots of pics to go with it too.

Sadly thats about as much as I did to my car except the engine swap and I was more of a tea boy for that operation so not much use :LOL:

Any mot questions though and I'm a fountain of knowledge :D

I just put stickers on my car :thumbs:

*Off to techy area*