Sign in to follow this  
2spark

Light tints

Crikey Tooey - you must have either excellent night vision or better bulbs than me. I'd describe the lights in my GTV as just about adequate! :LOL:

Fly eyes films are not illegal.

Affraid to say this but...

Obligatory front position lamp

inoperative/ missing/ dim/ obscured/

shows light of wrong colour/ otherwise

not in good working order

Straight from the testers manual.

MOT Lighting laws & regulations 2012

As of 1st January 2012. The Department for transports agent regarding MOT laws (VOSPA)

has made changes to UK lighting regulations...

"An obligatory headlamp : inoperative,excessively damaged or deteriorated or has a product

on the lens or light source so that the light output is well below that required to

illuminate the road ahead" is a reason for rejection.

A pair of headlights must both "emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity"

Must emit a steady colour of "either white or yellow"

Light must be visible "from a reasonable".

Masks or converter kits...

A headlamp or rear tail lamp altered in this way is "not a reason for MOT rejection"

So long as "light outputs are not adversely reduced"- "emits the appropriate correct colours" and "is securely attached"

So long as "flyeyeskit film does not affect light colour and does not adversely reduce output,It is perfectly acceptable on all counts"

Shaun Martin VOSA-MOT Technical Standards Engineer.

Proof of the pudding...

FlyEyesKit changes the 'Appearance' of your vehicles lights without adversely affecting/ reducing light intensity, brightness beam colour or beam patterns.

Game Set and Match :whistle::teehee:

MOT Lighting laws & regulations 2012

As of 1st January 2012. The Department for transports agent regarding MOT laws (VOSPA)

has made changes to UK lighting regulations...

"An obligatory headlamp : inoperative,excessively damaged or deteriorated or has a product

on the lens or light source so that the light output is well below that required to

illuminate the road ahead" is a reason for rejection.

A pair of headlights must both "emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity"

Must emit a steady colour of "either white or yellow"

Light must be visible "from a reasonable".

Masks or converter kits...

A headlamp or rear tail lamp altered in this way is "not a reason for MOT rejection"

So long as "light outputs are not adversely reduced"- "emits the appropriate correct colours" and "is securely attached"

So long as "flyeyeskit film does not affect light colour and does not adversely reduce output,It is perfectly acceptable on all counts"

Shaun Martin VOSA-MOT Technical Standards Engineer.

Proof of the pudding...

FlyEyesKit changes the 'Appearance' of your vehicles lights without adversely affecting/ reducing light intensity, brightness beam colour or beam patterns.

Game Set and Match :whistle::teehee:

Not so fast northernbstard, I've just checked the calander.....and today is 27/10/2011, the law has not changed yet.

the current rules say pretty much the same thing. They just class any film as obscuring the light and call it a fail if it obscures more than 50% of the rear reflector or substantially reduces light output.

fly eyes kits do neither.

I like the rear lights...ive done mine already,and the silver and black badges,im a pure chav.. :teehee:

There's another thread on here I think of mine with the black and silver badges on. I've also gone and matt blacked my front grille too.

bring out the tar and feathers :LOL:

Grab the pitch forks and torches :biglol:

I like what 2sparks done to his car :thumbs: