Sign in to follow this  
alison50

No Gears Update

Here we are again, took my 147 to alfa mechanics, had the full diagnostic etc and was told the brake pedal switch, I picked it up drove home all ok all gears changed no problems, ran fine started up went into gear a couple of days later back to the dreaded neutral. Give the gear stick a good knock will go into gear, now back at garage, Any ideas!!!!

Could the neutral switch on the gear lever be sending a false signal ?

I'm thinking possible gearbox issue now, if when you get it back you'd like it looking into before it goes again then your welcome to give me a buzz and I'll check it over for you.

Here is the update on my alfa, I now have all my gears all working, It was the gear lever, a new one in and all is well, or was till a young lad decided to run into the back of me yesterday, hope this helps some one having the same problems. And thanks to all who helped

Here is the update on my alfa, I now have all my gears all working, It was the gear lever, a new one in and all is well, or was till a young lad decided to run into the back of me yesterday, hope this helps some one having the same problems. And thanks to all who helped

Does that mean after all that the car has been written off?

If that is the case it could be a trend starting :(

No one is writing my alpie off, it was like hiting a tank, was at a red light hit me about 30 just a little dent fixable, said was not looking where he eas going, I think I have been written off though,