Sign in to follow this  
spark

Surging And Hesitantcy At Speed

I've recently noticed both a hesitancy and surge at speed with light throttle also a few weeks back I got an engine light on the dash at the same time as a little bit of a rough idle I checked the code and got a lambda sensor fault I think it was p0152 a high signal but the fault was no longer present so I reset the light and it hasn't returned the idle got better but now I have this new problem

If it is a lambda fault which one is it?

Thanks

Mark

I knew I would forget something thanks K9d

It's a 2ltr cf3 selespeed

Edited by spark

I can't help you with your problem, but it will help the helpers if you say what engine you have. :)

It could be a maf or plug/coil pack this could cause incorrect fuel/air mix that could be what caused the lambda code ?

Have you changed the air filter recently.

Also check in the plug holes to see if there is any oil in them.

Edited by Gibot123

Could be worth while cleaning all your engine connectors and the throttle flap at the engine end of the induction pipe .

Most of this can be done with a little time before you start replacing stuff willy nilly . See how you go and let us know what you find.

Could be worth while cleaning all your engine connectors and the throttle flap at the engine end of the induction pipe .

Most of this can be done with a little time before you start replacing stuff willy nilly . See how you go and let us know what you find.

Being a sele it could be a gearbox issue but doesn't sound like it unless its electronics .

As said try a bit of basic maintenance first .

So did you have any luck narrowing down the problem ?

One other thing that you can check is for a split or hole on the intake pipe or the vac hoses.

Edited by Gibot123

I would first check for splits/cracks in the inlet hoses and ensure all the clamps are tightened, then consider replacing the air filter then MAF (Bosch ONLY)

Thanks for all the suggestions

I haven't had the the time to check yet due to a work rota mess up!!

I will check all your suggestions when I can

I have a similar problem with my 1.6jtdm Mito around 2 thou rpm ...

The engine management light has come on 3 times in as many months, 1st/2nd time I was caning it on the M1 and came up

as a low pressure fuelling problem and the fuel/air filters were changed.

3rd time I was pootling along around 70 but the fault came back as alternator and dpf errors.

I've tried running it for a couple of weeks without the go faster chip but still get the surging or the feeling of fuel starvation

and juddering ?

It seems to run fine after the codes have been reset for a couple of weeks then it starts again like tonight but the engine management

light has stayed off.

My (Indie) dealer was going to get new fuel pumps under my extended warranty plan after the 1st 2 errors but has been thwarted

by the 3rd errors and daren't risk it now !

Any ideas ??? Ta :thumbs:

Unplug maf and take it for a drive....

If it drives better MAF fecked

if it drives worse MAF ok

if it drives same good chance maf fecked as well

Now then, now then (I ain't related to Jimmy Saville :tut: )

I've had probs with the belly pan getting ripped of a few times and reading reports on the GT the lower turbo tubes can get perforated !

Could this be a problem on the MiTo ?

If the cars that low then check the fuel lines which run along the underside for crimping, but to me this sounds like a glow plug going south.

If the cars that low then check the fuel lines which run along the underside for crimping, but to me this sounds like a glow plug going south.

Will do cheers, nice one :thumbs: