Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

I Think I Want A Giulietta

have you had any issues with yours at all? seen a lot of people complaining about rattles :Confused:

At a certain temperature the radionav screen sometimes squeaks. Cured with a bit of mr sheen on the hinges.

The only other issue is the way it prefers autobahn speed limits to those in the uk.

Not sure i've seen the radio nav before, is it a sat nav type set up? I saw a newish car earlier with a tomtom plug in port on the dash like the new MiTo's have.

Is it bad i have already started thinking of mods to do on it? :o white or red look good with the bottom of the front bumper & the side skirts painted black :)

I had a terrible annoying noise in my 166 today, my daughter put the radio on Heart FM, "more music variety" really!, then why are you still playing the same fucking songs you were 2 years ago, who the fuck listens to that shite ?

Ooops sorry, we have a whole thread for this type of thing :LOL:

The 166 doesn't really have any creaks or rattles just that lovely V6 soundtrack. :)

Is it bad i have already started thinking of mods to do on it? :o white or red look good with the bottom of the front bumper & the side skirts painted black :)

Orange is the new black, white, red, blue green. :teehee:

Not sure i've seen the radio nav before, is it a sat nav type set up? I saw a newish car earlier with a tomtom plug in port on the dash like the new MiTo's have.

Yes, it's the integrated sat nav, which also shows turbo boost, G force meter, etc etc...

Spinal Tap Performance Mod

G force meter- say no more :cool: i need 1 of those in my life :) not many have got that though, haven't seen 1 before so i doubt ill get 1 :(

I've got one!

Being pedantic, I'd also say that the G meter is configured for people who like displays but don't have a basic understanding of physics. When you go round a corner it shows the force pushing you outwards, but when you accelerate it shows the force going forwards when it should really be backwards.

Show off :P

:LOL:

If you dont have the radio nav do you still get a boost gauge on the display where the trip computer, date & time is? (Might be the same as the MiTo

You can get a phone app that does the G meter thing, Torque on android and, I think, Revs for sheep. :)

Show off :P

:LOL:

If you dont have the radio nav do you still get a boost gauge on the display where the trip computer, date & time is? (Might be the same as the MiTo

Yes you do. In fact if you have the radionav, you can configure the boost gauge to display on both.

You can get a phone app that does the G meter thing, Torque on android and, I think, Revs for sheep. :)

I had 1 of those before but my phone disappeared when i went round a roundabout so never used it again :)

Yes you do. In fact if you have the radionav, you can configure the boost gauge to display on both.

I like the sound of this radionav thing :)

Looking at your pic again, does it come up out of the dash board? Wonder if you can fit it to a car which wasnt specced up with it to start with :Thinking: the volvo courtesy car i had once was pretty cool. Pressed a button & the sat nav came out of the dash board & it looks pretty much the same as the 1 in the G :cool:

:omg: i need 1

:hubba: its soooo shiny & low :D

Anyone else think that video is a little, er, homo-erotic? :o

:gay::LOL:

How cool is that?! :hubba:

Anyone else think that video is a little, er, homo-erotic? :o

:gay::LOL:

It was the car washing bit that got you wasn't it :LOL:

It was the car washing bit that got you wasn't it :LOL:

Yeah, the car's lovely, but I didn't need the slow-mo of some dude soaping it up. :LOL:

:biglol: i thought the same thing :LOL:

You watched in awe for a while first, didn't you? then realised you were staring open mouthed at a skinny guy in shorts washing his car all dreamy like :LOL:

Oh poo... I think I might have just accidentally deleted Fox Hat's last post. :cry:

For the record, he was asking if "some dude soaping it up" was a euphemism. ;)

Sadly not. :( It was actually just a bloke washing a car. :LOL:

i keep seeing Giulietta's everywhere now. i went and picked my car up earlier after having some work done to it and funnily enough there was a Giulietta QV in for an MOT (I'm sure I'm being stalked by Giulietta's now :tut:) i had a look at it and the only thing i think they should have done difrently is the bit of dashboard which goes over the speedo, rev couner etc. it just looks a bit meh. my 147's and MiTo have both got a bit of a shape to them as the dash goes up and over them and sort of reaches forward (not that that makes much sense unless you have seen for yourself :LOL:) but the Giulietta's dash just looked like they went home halfway through drawing it. apart from that.... its such a good looking car, the headlights look great, its not too big, its not too small, its gt hidden handles on the rear doors so i can make people look stupid when they try and get in the front (always made me laugh when it was raining and people had to get in the back of my 4 door 147 :teehee:)

i think i have found my next car anyway, it will almost certainly be a Giulietta QV, it just depends when i do it. i can't see test driving 1 putting me off of buying 1 so i got some thinking (and saving ) to do :(