Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

I Think I Want A Giulietta

At national Alfa day the MiTo's & Giulietta's were parked up in the same section and i realised i like them a lot more than i thought i did. Looked over quite a few of them and i really like the Cloverleaf :cool: I really like my MiTo and would miss it A LOT but i think the Giulietta is calling me :omg:

Even started looking at them on pistonheads and autorader :Thinking:

Just make sure you don't lose too much on the MiTo when you trade it in. :thumbs:

Not sure if i'd trade mine in or sell it privately, easier trading it in but then you get less for it :Thinking: not even a big fan of white cars but ive seen a lovely white GQV for sale, 28k miles for just under £14k :hubba: would mean getting a loan (again :facepalm:) but hopefully not too much, had a look at MiTo prices a while ago & at the time they hadn't really budged since i bought mine a year ago :)

I hate how i get distracted by cars :grr::LOL:

Bloody cars cost too much money new or old, but at least with an Alfa you get rewarded when you drive them. :)

I wasn't even looking at getting a new car, it crept up on me :(. They are a bit nice though :cool: if i got 1 i'd be on Alfa number 4 in 5 years :).

Got some thinking to do again now :bluecry: i could make it super fast with a few tweaks :D

They look better in the flesh than in pics.

Get a black one :thumbs:

Sorry but I think the interiors are rubbish compared to past Alfas

I do like the black :thumbs: etna black is nice too but it shows up grubby handprints where people touch it & swirl marks :(

I'd really want an 8C red 1 but they will be too much money :grr: perfect car would be 8C red with the brera S style wheels in bright silver :cool:

The interiors are a lot difrent to past Alfa's, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Widh i could have my GTA interior again :(

I like the 147/GT interior apart from the centre console which looks wank compared to the earlier Gtv centre console phase2 onwards.

The G interior and dash looks like it could be from any Fiat group car :(

The 147/GT looks good with a double din head unit otherwise it is just silvery grey plastic. I quite like the G interior, maybe not the look as much as other alfa's but the switches look good & the dashboard is quite nice as it sort of goes round. I love the dash in the MiTo though, all wavy as it goes over the speedo/rev counter etc :cool: center console looks a bit naff though with the shiny plastic.

1 day someone will make a perfect car & we'll have nothing to say about it :LOL:

The 147/GT looks good with a double din head unit otherwise it is just silvery grey plastic. I quite like the G interior, maybe not the look as much as other alfa's but the switches look good & the dashboard is quite nice as it sort of goes round. I love the dash in the MiTo though, all wavy as it goes over the speedo/rev counter etc :cool: center console looks a bit naff though with the shiny plastic.

Paint it orange

Looking at all interiors in newer Alfas now :)

Are they the same vents on the 4c that were fitted to Gtvs phase2 onwards?

Think they are.

ytage6e8.jpg

:LOL: i did think about painting it but can't be arsed tbh :LOL:

Not sure about the vents, they are like that in the MiTo though :)

Yes, the vents are from the Mito, which is similar to the ones in the Panda (from memory).

The Giulietta vents are used in the Fiat 500.

From a driving point of view, the Mito is like driving an old mini or maybe a 205GTI - they are fun. I can't quite decide on the right word for the Giulietta, it's somewhere between refined and grown up, but neither is right.

In dog terms, the Mito is a cocker spaniel, the Giulietta is a springer spaniel

Rugby? Mito is Chris Ashton, G is Billy Twelvetrees

The air vents in your picture, Ty, look identical to the vents I had in my 166. :cool:

I like the giulietta :thumbs:

P.s., My vents in Aphrodite are the same :)

Edited by Anjenha

Yes, the vents are from the Mito, which is similar to the ones in the Panda (from memory).

The Giulietta vents are used in the Fiat 500.

From a driving point of view, the Mito is like driving an old mini or maybe a 205GTI - they are fun. I can't quite decide on the right word for the Giulietta, it's somewhere between refined and grown up, but neither is right.

In dog terms, the Mito is a cocker spaniel, the Giulietta is a springer spaniel

Rugby? Mito is Chris Ashton, G is Billy Twelvetrees

Thing is, with the MiTo QV it is always ready to go & have some fun. As soon as you start driving it it eggs you on & its not until you look down you realise how fast you just took that last corner or how quickly you slowed down for the roundabout. You can feel it cocking the back wheel up every now & again when you go round corners quickly & you have to hold on as you roll around in the seat :biglol:

I love it but i can tell it has definatley changed the way i drive, wouldn't say its changed it for the better tbh :o:LOL: its got a feel good factor about it & i have even sometimes just started laughing in the car when i've gone for a tear up in it.

Its so much fun i think its the best car i have ever owned. There, i said it :omg:

Maybe i need to try a GQV, it does look a lot more grown up & im sure it drives a lot difrent to the MiTo aswell.

Saw a nice black G sportiva earlier too :facepalm:

There's an updated version of the Giulietta due to be announced next month. Elsewhere a comment was made that they hoped Alfa improved the handling. Well, based on my Alfa experience, I don't know how they can improve it. The handling is way better than the Brera, 159 or 147.

But anyway, I'll leave you to go look at a few and try them out...

The air vents in your picture, Ty, look identical to the vents I had in my 166. :cool:

I knew I recognised them, although I think they may be the same in my 156 too but I can't be arsed to walk to my car to check :LOL:

There's an updated version of the Giulietta due to be announced next month. Elsewhere a comment was made that they hoped Alfa improved the handling. Well, based on my Alfa experience, I don't know how they can improve it. The handling is way better than the Brera, 159 or 147.

But anyway, I'll leave you to go look at a few and try them out...

i wouldn't be able to get a new 1. They way out of my price range & i prefer letting the 1st owner take the big hit in depreciation :LOL: there are a couple of 2nd hand GQV's just within my limit though (depending on what i got for my MiTo).

have you had any issues with yours at all? seen a lot of people complaining about rattles :Confused:

Rattles on Alfas come as standard :thumbs:

The inside of my Bimmer started rattling the other day. :grump: Although annoying, I thought it's to be expected with a 14 year old car, and resigned myself to the fact it would be a bit creaky at that age. :rolleyes:

Turns out the locking wheel nut socket was rattling around in the glovebox. :LOL:

Normal (quiet) service has been restored inside the old girl. :)

:LOL: i have seen an etna black 1 now, a bit more money but they do look good in black :Thinking: red is nice too :facepalm:

:LOL: i have seen an etna black 1 now, a bit more money but they do look good in black :Thinking: red is nice too :facepalm:

Dude, you got it BAD! :LOL: