Sign in to follow this  
divadiva

Number Plate Light

I was driving through the countryside the other afternoon and there was alot of tree debrs on the roads. I drove a little slower than usual but a small branch went under the 147 and then the 'numberplate light failure' light came on the dash soon after. Checked and the buld definitely gone.

Got the new bulb and know it's not as fiddly as the side light to replace but have never done it before. Assume old one pops out?

Edited by divadiva

If I remember correctly you need to pop out the whole light housing with a screwdriver, some people cushion the bodywork with a credit card... but it depends how rough you are going to be. Also I think the refitment of the housing is normally a bit loose :(

What Anj said :thumbs: there is a small slot/cutout in the bulb housing & it just pops out with a poke from a screwdriver :thumbs:

Had to get the side light out on my 147 today, who the hell designed that, if I hand the hand of a small child I may be able to get in there. :nonono:

When I eventually got it out I discovered it wasn't the type of bulb that I hoped it was so didn't have a spare one. :cry:

I did notice it had a small handle on the holder, this snapped off the moment I tried to put the bulb back. :facepalm:

i don't miss changing the light bulbs on a 147 if im honest :LOL:

All done - (Hubby-pie did it for me) including other light as went also. He used his credit card for something other than buying me presents for once! :LOL:

Had to get the side light out on my 147 today, who the hell designed that, if I hand the hand of a small child I may be able to get in there. :nonono:

When I eventually got it out I discovered it wasn't the type of bulb that I hoped it was so didn't have a spare one. :cry:

I did notice it had a small handle on the holder, this snapped off the moment I tried to put the bulb back. :facepalm:

Sounds like the sidelight fitting on a 156.

You gotta grab the small plastic tab to get it out ?

Yep, pretty much the same, just as bloody awkward, my 156 has had a blown side light for months, I will change it for the MOT. :)

On the 147 it was a lot easier once I knew how it came out, but when your trying to fit your hand in and do it all by feel whilst trying not to break anything its trickier.

Smaky did the last one on my 156, bonnet up, hand in light, hand out, bonnet shut, he's bloody annoying sometimes. :LOL: