Had a new selespeed pump fitted all ok then wont go into gear stuck in neutral again, Is the pump supposed to prime everytime you open the door, The new pump not making any sound would it still be the pump or a relay. Also had a flat battery recharged would this make a difference.

Reconditioned, was fine when it went in, took it for a run to recharge battery changed gears fine in city mode got home would not go into reverse and now stuck again in neutral

I've never owned or driven a selespeed but quite often meet up with twisted_pr on here & im pretty sure everytime he opens the drivers door the selespeed pump primes :thumbs: both my 147's (1.6 & GTA) done funny things when the battery got low/was flat.

Depending on the age of the battery it may be worth replacing it ot getting it checked :thumbs:

It had new one about 16 months ago. She an old lady now 13 years old but only done 54k been fully serviced and had new accumulators at 40k

I had a battery checked before i replaced it (a while after) i took it into a small motoring shop (1 of those who seem to sell everything you could want for a car :LOL:) and he tested it by putting 2 big prongs (not sure on the proper name for it) on the battery terminals & reading the voltage.

I can't remember what the readings should be but hopefully someone else with more knowledge of this sort of thing can help :thumbs:

You could try taping the pump and see if it comes back to life?

Have you had any warnigs on the dash?

Have you got a code scanner to check if anything has logged up?

Is there any signs of fluid leaks is the fluid at correct level?

I know that the sele is a bit fussy about new parts and some need to be programmed in but didn't think the pump was one?

Edited by Gibot123

Taped everything going, no warning signs, no fluid leaks,I haven't got a scanner but waiting for a diagnostic man to come before the hammer comes out

Ok, you're in the right place.

There is nothing that smaky doesn't know about the sele system :cool:

Hopefully he spots this thread soon and gives you some advice :thumbs:

• Like 1

YEP I trying to pinch his car he's having none of it, he was on a web page I found my own and I winning ha

Might be worth a quick check of the relevant fuses if you haven't already ?

He looked at fuse box and another a nother little black box i think he said they are relays and swapped them round he has not mentioned the fuses though will get him on that thanks

The only other thing I spotted in a thread was to connect the pump to an external battery just to see if it makes it work but not much else

Oh I see :thumbs:

I know Haynes don't cover (many) alfas

Closest thing to a Haynes manual is the eLearn CD - it's handy to have. :thumbs:

Yes, pump should prime pretty much every time you open the driver's door (unless it has recently primed and there is sufficient pressure in the system). I think Gibot meant tapping (ie light twatting) not taping! As Biggy said, Smaky is yer man and will respond when he can. :thumbs:

Hi has anyone got a programme I can use to do a check I have the lead but cant get a diagnostic man out