Sign in to follow this  
strawberg

A Number Of Selespeed Problems

Hi,

I am the owner of an alfa 156 selespeed model year 2001. I am the firts and only owner of my car.

To make the history short, 2 years after I bought my car the problem with selespeed strated. in the morning specially the cold days the clutch started with slipping when I drove the car. but the slipping stoped (happened only between gear change) after a while (3 or 4 gear change).

If I waited 3 or 4 min after I started the car the clutch did not slipp.

my car has done only 110000 km. until 2 mounths back it just got worse and worse. I have shown it to acthorized Alfa garage

, but they didnt find any issue from the car computer. however they did recognized the same skiding problems when the car i cold.

The last month the car has act like a wild horse. it jumps when I push the acceleration pedal. Sometimes the display shows gear 4 when

I drive the car from stop posion, but it was actually in the 1st gear and when I changed up, the gear came to 5th and it even shows that it is in 5th gear.

Display usually was flashing when the car was in 1st and 2nd gear. And last but nor least when the car start drive from

stop posion, quite often the gear jumps from 1st to 3rd gear and make the driving impossible. I have to push the accelaration pedal faster to not get in to that

problem. But as you understand you can not make a flying start in many situation. So decided to change the clutch. And It showed up that the clutch was finnished.

so it was the correct desition however 110000 km is a very low distance to change the clutch.

my friend has a car repair shop. he changed the clutch. the problem with slippinging is gone but all other problems are still remaining.

Do you know what is the problem and how I can repair it?

I have purchased the multiecuscan from multiecuscan.net. and executed som of adjustment tests but it does not help.

I have read about the 28mm adjustment but in the multiecuscan I did not find any measurement showing this.

Many thanks

Strawberg

Under the perimeters tab, look for "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)".. As the tech expert Smaky here will tell you, it MUST be as 28 - 28.5mm but as close to 28 as you can get,.

I don't know why your display is showing incorrect gear numbers but the clutch jumping is probably due to that measurement. Certainly if a non alfa mechanic changed the clutch, that clutch position would be way out.

Edited by Alfa156Melb

do you use the latest version of the muliecuscan from fiatecuscan.net? we may have different interface.

I chosse the "156 '02 selespeed" and system: "Gearbox" with "control Module" "Bosch Motronic Me7.3.1 EOBD Injection"

then I have the following tabs:

"Info" "Errors" "Parameters" "Graph" "Actuators" "Adjustmetns"

So which tab do you mean I need to enter to identify the "clutch engage position"?

Thanks

You need to click on the parameters tab, in there is the settings. See screenshot below:

multiscan.PNG

Edited by Alfa156Melb

Thanks Smaky,

I believe this parameter will tel me the value? should I Adjust it to 28mm manually or there is a procedure in this program (Multecuscan) that do it for me?

Cheers

Hi Smaky and Alfa 156Melb,

Please have a look at my interface. It is not the same as you and I don't find the "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)". Do they have removed this from latest rev? I don't understand

The picture I pasted here is not visible

Edited by strawberg

The fact is that I stil can not see the parameter you mentioed. "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)"

do you Have the leatest version from multiecuscan.net?

I am in the engine system. and yes I have scroled down. how can I add a picture here?

Edited by strawberg

I am in the engine system. and yes I have scroled down. how can I add a picture here?

That's the problem, you need to select GAERBOX on the left and then CF208, then you'll get the parameters you need.

one more thing, the site multiecuscan.net there I bought my sofware does has disappeared.I asked them about my problems for a fewdays back and after that the site is gone.

Does anybody know waht happned to them?

how can I add a picture here?

The best way is to put the photo in photobucket & copy/paste the link code into your reply box on this (or any other) thread :thumbs:

Tapatalk is good aswell if you have it on your phone?

Does anynone know a car repair CD (manual) for 156 selespeed? There are plenty of them on ebay, but none of them say specificly anything about selespeed.

We have one of sorts.. he's called Smaky.. :thumbs:

I don't know of a manual though, there used to be a website that was very good, but it's closed down now..

You could buy a manual from Ebay, or if you don't mind waiting a few days I'll put a copy in dropbox for you. Just right now I'm away from home till next week. However it covers the whole car.. and its rubbish.

Out of interest - here's what the MES page should look like, where you select Gearbox. Select you make and model, then gearbox... the press connect.

MES%20Front%20page.PNG

Hi,

I did calibrate the "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)" to 28,015. this is teh value when the engine is not running, when I start the engine and put the the 1st gear in the posion for "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)" goes to 27,7. is this correct.

the original value for the "Clutch Engage Position (Self Adjusted)" before adjustment was 27,3 with stopped engine. and now this value as mentioned is 28,015.

what I can see, the driving comfort was better before. do I have the correct values after adjustment?

Thanks

I am still not satisfied with how the selespeed responds. It must be other adjustments? do you know what i can do more to make the clutch more ajusted?

Thanks

There's no more adjustments that can be made, I woud put any other issues with this down to wear in the gearbox and also to the clutch, if want to you can swap the sensors on the actuator but I doubt it will make any difference.

Thanks Smaky,

1) where are these sensors?

2) what about clutch self-calibration? is this in fiatecuscan program? and can it help to make the cluch and gear changes smoother in my car?

3) what about alfadiag program? can it help to make the cluch and gear changes smoother in my car?

Thanks