Sign in to follow this  
strawberg

A Number Of Selespeed Problems

Smaky will help you with number 1, but to save him some time..

Referring to point number 2 - Yes, FES, (which is now called MES) will calibrate the clutch. Its called 'Production/Service final calibration'. You can find it under the GEARBOX ECU then click the Actuators tab (F7) See pic below.

Point number 3 - AlfaDiag is just an alternative to MES nd is inferior. Besides, I don't think new licences are available any more. MultiECUScan is a more modern program, using current software technologies. Its considerably better. But to answer your question, yes AlfaDiag will do the same thing, it's called EOL Calibration I think. Just stick with MES. (Remember, MES is the old FiatECUScan. It recently changed its name to MultiECUScan)

Whenever you make any adjustments to the gearbox, such as clutch length adjustment, which i think you've recently done, you must calibrate the gearbox. And yes, assuming the system is mechanically good order, it will make a big difference, it will be smoother, will shift faster, and your clutch will love you for it.

You also need to periodically calibrate the box, generally every service - so 6 month intervals. I do it more often, because when you press execute, the car makes some funky noises and starts changing gears by itself, it always fascinates me. I might add, this is done with the engine OFF, so there's no risk of the car driving off by itself!.. although that would be even more interesting... :Big Grin:

EOL%20Self%20Calibration.PNG

Thanks Smaky,

1) where are these sensors?

2) what about clutch self-calibration? is this in fiatecuscan program? and can it help to make the cluch and gear changes smoother in my car?

3) what about alfadiag program? can it help to make the cluch and gear changes smoother in my car?

Thanks

1) Clutch - on top of the actuator above the clutch rod

Insertion - on top of the actuator between the solenoids and access blank

Range - On the back plate

2) Clutch calibration is the BOTTOM option and requires a clear stretch of road to perform, and when done correctly does smooth out operation.

3) Alfadiag is a waste of time if you have MES, it costs more and has less functionality.