Rebelred

New to the fold...

Hi all,

New member to Alfa Driver. Bought myself a 1999 166 3.0 V6 Super a few weeks ago. Bodywork isn't the best I've ever seen, but is rust free and mechanically is in decent shape.... apart from a little brake issue which I have contacted smaky about getting looked at.

She's my first ever Alfa, so apart from 156 & 159 hire cars in Italy is the first proper V6 engined Alfa I have driven, and boy is it a belter. It has a stainless steel Powerflow backbox on it and man does it sound fantastic. I have been searching out any kind of tunnel since I bought it, but unfortunately there aren't many tunnels around Swindon/Chippenham area!

Have had mostly rear wheel drive cars (BMW and Honda) previously and this is my first FWD with a bit of power. It doesn't suffer too badly from torque steer, I think tramlining under power in second is probably it's worst trait, but we'll forgive it that for the glorious noise you get in return!

Worst I've seen is 16mpg do far, best is 27mpg. Day to day average is just shy of 24. Not great, but when you pay less than a grand for a car you can't have everything!

Anyway, that's me. Always wanted an Alfa, and have to say loving it so far (apart from it being out of action at the moment!).

Talk soon.

RR

Welcome to AD hope you get your car sorted soon in the mean time get stuck in with the banter and also welcome to the V6 brotherhood

great looking car :cool: 1 of my favourite colours for a 166 :thumbs: hopefully it will be sorted soon and you can enjoy it properly :yay:

Nice car! Always liked the 166.

Come on in, we don't bite .... ;)

Nice car! Always liked the 166.

Come on in, we don't bite .... ;)

(read: We don't bite ... Much)

Its quite possible that you have doubled the number of members with a 166. :thumbs:

If that is the case its a shame they're both broken :facepalm:

Mine's waiting for the special nurse to come and give it the kiss of life. :)

Mine's waiting for the special nurse to come and give it the kiss of life. :)

I shall warm my hands first before taking her temperature...