Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Eibach B12 Pro-Kit fitted

I recently had the B12 Pro-Kit fitted to my 147 GTA and thought I’d let people know what it’s like if they are considering upgrading the suspension on theirs soon :)

I was looking into different set ups for my car as it was still on its original 8 year old stuff, making lots of horrible knocking/clonking/creaking noises etc and there was no record of anything ever being changed in the paperwork with the car. I spoke to Ned at Autolusso about it & I decided to give this set up a try (He said no other 147 GTA's in the country have this kit so there was no way of saying what other people thought of it, what it was like on this car or if it was even any good) I’m glad I did though as its completely changed how the car feels when driving about :thumbs:

With the old suspension it always felt like it was rolling around through the corners and wanted to understeer away from where I wanted to go. It would also nose dive under heavy braking and the back felt quite 'skittish' at the same time.

This is the kit I had fitted - Eibach Springs : B12 Pro-Kit

I also had the Eibach anti-roll bars fitted at the same time aswell as most (if not all) of the other suspension parts :)

Since having it all done it feels like a completely different car to the 1 I dropped off. I know I’m comparing new stuff with old stuff but it really has made a massive difference to the way the car goes round corners and handles. Its also nice to be able to go along a bumpy road without it sounding like something could fall off at any minute :LOL:

The car feels 'solid' now as if it is all put together properly and all 4 corners are 'connected' as before this it always felt like each part was sort of doing its own thing (hope that makes sense). The ride quality isn't too harsh now either which was something I was slightly worried about as I did find it a comfortable car to be in. It has made it firmer but its not what I would call a hard ride now so it has kept the comfort too which is good.

It’s still settling in I think as the more I’m driving it, it just seems to get better and better. I took my Dad out in it a few nights ago. Its hard to explain but he said it sort of ‘feels’ quicker as before the nose used to lift up when I accelerated but now its all been changed it does feel like it pushes you back in the seat more. Id noticed this aswell but thought it was just in my head :)

As a bit of a test, on my home I have a dual carriageway leading onto 2 roundabouts then quite a tight ‘ish’ bend in the road. The last bend I used to be able to do at about 20-25 mph without it feeling dangerous and me ending up in the river on the outside of the corner. Now this is all done I tried it a bit faster and managed about 40 mph around the same corner and it still feels like I could get more without being stupid but I wont be doing that any time soon :LOL:.

I used to think I knew the limits of this car and how hard I could push it round corners etc (a track day at Brands Hatch really helped) but now I have no idea how far I can push it and tbh I don’t think I want to :)

Overall I’m really pleased with the car and can really recommend this set up if you are looking at changing your suspension at some point and want something different to the usual set ups people go for with their GTA’s :thumbs:

pic are here :thumbs::LOL:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2909

Really good review on the Eibach kit,i sell Eibach stuff and have always had good feedback on there kits etc,just a shame they cannot keep up with demand at the moment

Anti roll bars may be out of stock until end of year afetr the April shipment :facepalm::facepalm:

i heard about the ARB's being a pain. something to do with the production line at the factory getting switched to somewhere else so they can make stuff for the bigger car manufacturers i think. i ended up getting them from alfisti.net as they had a batch sent to them :)

i heard about the ARB's being a pain. something to do with the production line at the factory getting switched to somewhere else so they can make stuff for the bigger car manufacturers i think. i ended up getting them from alfisti.net as they had a batch sent to them :)

Yeh it has been a pain,glad you got yours OK

Yeh it has been a pain,glad you got yours OK

worked out cheaper by the time the exchange rate had done its thing too :thumbs:

what do you do then if you say you sell eibach stuff?

Cool, might need speak to you about some other stuff i might want then :thumbs:

What's not to like? The ride height is the same, nothing has changed visibly and the handling is improved...

Pay more and get ones that are made for the car.

Universal ones always throw out the wheel balance in my experience.

Yep got some eibach 1's for a GTA with the longer bolts too :)

Nice. How deep?

Can't need more than 5-10 mm surely?

I had a total mare with spacers on the shitbox, but thats probably cos I had 9j wheels all round :facepalm:

10mm on the front & 12mm on the back. I looked into them as some types are not as good (hubcentric are better??) Also if they are too big it can effect wheel bearings too apparently :Confused:

Yep, hubcentric are the ones to go for, they keep the same diameter centre bore for the alloys to locate onto.

You only need to worry about the extra load on bearings if you have stupid ones, 50 mm etc.

10/12 wont make a difference.