Sign in to follow this  
xyy81t

916 spider vs 916 GTV

comparing V6 to V6 is there a difference in the driving experience between them (ignoring top down cruises, i'm talking A + B road blasts)

Some Stats

SPIDER

Power: 141kW @5600RPM

Torque: 190 Ft-lb @4400RPM

0-62: 7.3 Secs

Top Speed: 140mph

GTV

Power: 162kW @6300RPM

Torque: 200 Ftlb @5000RPM

0-62: 6.7 Secs

Top Speed: 150mph

Thanks anjenha, id be considering a phase 2 with the 3.0 v6 so they would both have the same 141KW output wouldn't they? i thought the 3.2 v6 was only on the phase 3. sorry should have made that clearer.

also on the weight issue, i thought the 916 was designed with convertible in mind so the GTV had the same chassis bracing as the spider? clarification sought on that point :)

Thanks anjenha, id be considering a phase 2 with the 3.0 v6 so they would both have the same 141KW output wouldn't they? i thought the 3.2 v6 was only on the phase 3. sorry should have made that clearer.

also on the weight issue, i thought the 916 was designed with convertible in mind so the GTV had the same chassis bracing as the spider? clarification sought on that point :)

Hubs and I checked this out on the internet somewhere after a jovial arguement with a GTV driver. He and my hubby had to find out who was right, and it turned out the Kerb weight of the Spider is higher.

ok going back to engines a quick wiki read reveals a difference between 12 and 24 valve the 24 being 162kw, did they not put a 24v v6 in the spider? if not the decision is made! lol

I don't think they did, but I think a few people tried the conversion from 12 to 24 in the Spiders

Some Stats

SPIDER

Power: 141kW @5600RPM

Torque: 190 Ft-lb @4400RPM

0-62: 7.3 Secs

Top Speed: 140mph

GTV

Power: 162kW @6300RPM

Torque: 200 Ftlb @5000RPM

0-62: 6.7 Secs

Top Speed: 150mph

Your mixing up CF1 and CF2 stats there between the ph1 nad ph2 models of both, overall the GTV is the better of the 2 handling wise due to the firmer chassis, but for balance and grip I'd have the Spider, even though it looks like your wearing a giant scarf as you sit there waiting for the recovery truck.

Ok mine is a 2.0, but the only time I awaited recovery was when the poor old girl was written off...

Just saying :whistle:

Bloke = GTV

Bird = Spider

Not that complicated

Simples! decision made but.....

as far as convertibles go is not the 916 spider the most manly? or is the mx5 still wearing that crown?

Much as i love the 916 Spider the only convertables a bloke can be seen in are Triumph TR6 and late 70's Corvette

Otherwise :gay:

I have to agree with flyblo. Even overly macho cars lose that masculine edge in the conversion to drop-top.

Proof:

BMW M3 Convertible

car_photo_261333_7.jpg

BMW M3

1439530136_b8411b54e8.jpg