Sign in to follow this  
xjusjenni

MiTo Cloverleaf, best mito?

As it is the range topper, it should be the best one. Its certainly the most sporty and the quickest, and if thats your thing then yes its the best Mito :)

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and don't know anything about cars really. I'm looking into buying a MiTo...is cloverleaf the best one?

Thanks!

:|

Why don't you head over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself :thumbs:

Why don't you head over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself :thumbs:

:D

Cloverleaf, or Quadrifoglio, badges denote high-end in comfort and engine size variants of Alfa Romeo cars, but previously denoted Alfa Romeo racing cars in the pre-Second-World-War era. The image first appeared in 1923 when Ugo Sivocci presented one prior to the start of the 14th Targa Florio as a good luck token to the team. This became the symbol of competition Alfas, denoting higher performance. Some modern Alfas wear a cloverleaf badge which is typically a green four leaf clover on a white background (Quadrifoglio Verde), but variants of blue on white have been recently observed as well.

The Alfettas of the early 1980s had models available sold as the "Silver Leaf" and "Gold Leaf" (Quadrifoglio Oro). These models were the top of the range. Badging was the Alfa Cloverleaf in either gold or silver to denote the specification level. The Gold Leaf model was also sold as the "159i" in some markets, the name in homage to the original 159.

The trim levels (option packages) offered today on the various nameplates (model lines) include the lusso ("luxury"), turismo ("touring"), and the GTA (gran tourismo alleggerita) ("light-weight grand tourer"). The GTA package is offered in the 147 and 156 and includes a V-6 engine. In the past, Alfa Romeo offered a Sprint trim level.

During the 1990s, Alfa Romeo moved car production to other districts in Italy. The Pomigliano d’Arco plant produced the 155, followed by the 145 and the 146, while the Arese plant manufactured the 164 and new Spider and GTV. The 156 was launched in 1997, and became quite successful for Alfa Romeo; in 1998 it was voted “Car of the Yearâ€. The same year a new flagship, the 166 (assembled in Rivalta, near Turin) was launched. At the beginning of the third millennium, the 147 was released, which won the prestigious title of “Car of the Year 2001â€. In 2003 the Arese factory was closed.

The Milan-Turino (MiTo) cloverleaf is therefore the top spec car of the current range boasting the top engine of the moment available in the model, The 1750TBI is a beast and in the little MiTo will trounce any M series.... if I didn't have a family to cart about I'd be in one.