Sign in to follow this  
keithyboy

Rear windows

Yes, first of all try having someone select them down while you place a hand either side and try to assist them, if that fails then it may be neccesary to remove the door card and whip out the motor to de-rust it.

OK,

1, Remove speaker grille,

2, Remove speaker (x4 #2 phillips screws) then remove the 2x #2 phillips screws from behind the speaker which mount the door card.

3, Remove the rubber triangle (ish) from the door pull cup and remove the 2x 4mm allen screws, lift out the cup and unplug the window switch, next remove the 2x 10mm bolts OR 2x 5mm allen bolts which hold the bracket to the door.

4, Remove the ashtray from the door handle surround and remove the exposed #2 Phillips screw (rear doors only), prise out the small cover plastic from behind the handle and remove the #2 phillips screw from there too, prise off the handle surround and slide off.

5, Remove the plastic trim triangle (2x spring clips, take care as they can snap off),

6, Place finger in the gap between the speaker hole and door inner skin and pull gently to release the door card from the door, run fingers around the card to release all trim clips and lift the card up from the window seal,

7, Gently peel the foam away from the door (the warmer the glue the easier it is),

8, Remove the plug and 3x #1 phillips screws from the window regulator motor, disconnect the plug and wiggle the motor in and out to release it from the regulator, plug in the motor and see if it works, if it does then it's the the regulator side which needs cleaning, if not then the motor may need freeing up/brushes replacing/motor replacing.

Smaky, is it any different for the 147 or can I follow the same guide for the back two doors?

Pretty much the same apart from you have the pullde lights on the front doors of the 147/GT.

8, Remove the plug and 3x #1 phillips screws from the window regulator motor, disconnect the plug and wiggle the motor in and out to release it from the regulator, plug in the motor and see if it works, if it does then it's the the regulator side which needs cleaning, if not then the motor may need freeing up/brushes replacing/motor replacing.

I've got a load of pics from when I had the door card off the other side not long after I got the car. When I get round to it, I'll post them up to go with your text.

Back to my problem, I can't get the motor off the regulator. There's a pic attached, where should it come apart?

IMG_0371.jpg

Keith, you've got it that far, just remove the entire mechanism from the door and then its obvious where the screws are....not sure you can get at them with the mechanism in situ...you need to get at screws on the other side of the assembly.....

Give me a shout if you need help.

Richard

It's out! It was seized solid so I had to sort of unwind it out. An afternoon soaking in penetrating oil has freed it off but I'm not hopeful of it working.

You'll be surprised.

It's out! It was seized solid so I had to sort of unwind it out. An afternoon soaking in penetrating oil has freed it off but I'm not hopeful of it working.

You'll be surprised.

Sadly I wasn't. It's dead.

The nearside one came apart as I attempted to wriggle it out so that's a couple of motors on the shopping list.

Try squirting the base of the shaft with Plusgas ans then after 5 minutes "persuade" the spindle to spin by hand.

I've just had to do that to Tony156s O/S/R today, soon brought it back to life again.