Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMonkey

The Spider is going

After many a sleepless night I have decided to let the 946 go and get a 3.0V6 GTV :thumbs:

With the new business due to take off and the possible move to Cheshire for the next project it is just too much money sat outside the house :cry2:

I love the car but I can pick up a nice V6 GTV for half what the 946 is worth and after the way ARUK and the dealer network have treat me I think I need a car that I can take to a good indy when it needs work.

I'm looking to get rid in October and it will be around 3.5 years old, I've had it since new and many people know I've had an amazing amount of fun in it, the world record success, the centenary in Milan, 2 weeks in Greece and many othe Euro excursions without ever missing a beat, it will be a good car for someone :thumbs:

I'm stuck with the company Audi A3 for another 2 years so that's why I'm not getting a new Alfa plus Ann uses the Audi most days anyway so once I've driven to Cheshire the V6 will be parked and not touched for the week until I come home on the Friday.

Good choice!

What is your budget? Given that they have all reached 'a certain age' I'd suggest that you get one with all the major jobs done already. Engines and gearboxes are pretty tough but almost everything else seems to need replacing at similar times: exhaust, suspension (front and rear), clutch + DMF, radiator (don't ignore - changing head gaskets will be about £1200), oil cooler pipes etc. Even a youngish, low mileage example will need this work soon, so you may well be better off getting something with higher mileage, say 70 - 80k but with all the major expense met by the previous owner.

GTV6s are stupidly cheap for what they are.

I'm having sleepless nights about possibly selling my 156. I've had it 3 years and the only other car that lasted this long was my Mini. It's hell so well done on making a decision. It's worse for me because another Alfa isn't really on the cards.

1 week to D day, the dealer I bought her from is going to give me a good price so I drop the Spider off on Saturday :cry2:

I have been looking at a GTV V6 but TBH I might wait and find the exact motor I want :thumbs:

GTV6s are stupidly cheap for what they are.

I'm having sleepless nights about possibly selling my 156. I've had it 3 years and the only other car that lasted this long was my Mini. It's hell so well done on making a decision. It's worse for me because another Alfa isn't really on the cards.

GTV6 and V6 GTVs are 2 entirely different beasts, but with the 916 the rear spring pans are the biggie, V6s having bearings reduced play but they still rotted out.