Sign in to follow this  
Joss

Volume low and feedback on Bose

The bose system in teh GTA is definitely not functioning correctly. I have to turn the bvolume up to +40 to hear it and when you open a window it gives feedback through the speakers. I'm thinking an earth problem but any thoughts would be great :thumbs:

The usual suspect of a bad earth on the amp is normally the cause, it's mounted under the L/H parcel shelf grille on the saloon, go in through the boot, on te S/W it's behind the sub box in the boot.

Nice one smaky. I'll go dig about. See really the tech section should just be called "ask smaky" ! :LOL:

I couldn't agree more, smaky is the boss in the tech section

Fantastic, dodgy earth?

It has come back :grump: It seems to be the connector in the side of the amp. Went away for a couple of days but now it's back.Last time I just wiggled the connector so I know it is that. I will pull apart and clean with some electrical cleaner.

One question about the volume still. I haven't had a standard head unit in my other 156 for ages so I can't rememeber what is considered loud or not. In the GTA I have the volume at 50+ to hear it while driving which seems very high :Confused:. What is considered a normal volume setting? You can't hear anything when volume is below 10.

About the volume, i had to have mine at about 30 so it was a reasonable sound level (not loud but not quiet) 50 was about as high as i ever had it though and that was super loud :LOL: the new headunit in mine though doesnt go above 4 when im just driving around and 20 is super loud now :LOL: i only use the radio when im trying to save petrol so i cant hear the engine :(

you shouldn't need a radio/music though in a GTA :tut: it plays its own music :P