Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Storing Tyres

is there anything you should/shouldn't do when storing tyres? im guessing not to stand them up or the bottom will go square/flat and i'll be putting them in the garage so not out in the rain or snow over the winter. anything else i should or shouldn't do to keep them in good condition?

meant to say, they are not on any wheels at the moment either. just the tyres so no need to let them down at all :)

Tyres should be stord on twin rail racks, stood up normally, kept out of direct sunlight, protected from UV and kept in a moderate climate.

Might have to try & fix something up to stand them in then, got them face down ( 2 x 2 stacked on top of each other) at the moment. Out of UV light though & as the garage is boarded out above the car its dry so that should be alright. Just need to sort the stand out :thumbs:

Find a friendly plumber and get some 22mm pipe to make a rack with. :thumbs:

I tend to store all of my tyres at the tyre fitters, then, when I need one of them I simply go down there, pay the storage fee (which is equal to the cost of a new tyre) and they fit it for me :thumbs:

There's no flies on me ;)

Bloody cheaper to buy one price of copper robbing bastids