Saabretooth

Hello From South East Asia.... Oh, And From The Other Side Too It Seems

I put some oil in mine last week.

And I also ........ well that's it actually, just the oil :|

Not another oil topic.... :P

but yes, I am using Millers Nano stuff at the last oil change 2 weeks back.... honestly it heats up fast, maintains temp, but the car is quieter (in a good way) consumes less oil, or none at all,

I've also used Millers oil for the Gearbox with the treatment additive. Its an obvious feeling in the gear shift, smoother and it clicks into gear just a bit better (or so I tell myself after spending that money)

i have heard about the laws on cars in singapore, it sounds like complete madness to me :wtf: if you own it for 10 years do you have to either buy it again for another 10 years or export it (or even worse, scrap it :bluecry:)

i have heard about the laws on cars in singapore, it sounds like complete madness to me :wtf: if you own it for 10 years do you have to either buy it again for another 10 years or export it (or even worse, scrap it :bluecry:)

In a small land scarce city like ours its a way of maintaining traffic-al sanity

900,000 cars registered max!

My car is worth 40k SGD, lands here and gets taxed about 200% and add the Certificate of entitlement (approximately 50-60k), PLUS the dealers profits.... I believe it was 180k - 190k SGD brand new.

So the additional 70k, prevailing rate, is just to extend the certificate for another 10 years....

AND we have the highest population of super cars per square kilometer anywhere in the world. We have more Lambos and Ferraris just about around any other corner of the place.

Recently, an Agrera was sold here for SGD$ 5.3m or 2.7GBP....

I mean, people ask us what are we smoking here...... Lol!

Blimey! :o

My BMW 5-Series Touring cost £950 to buy outright... And I get to keep it forever. :D

Like Biggy, I put some oil in mine recently. Actually, I'm lying. There are still three green service lights on the dash, so I'm leaving it until the lights go orange. :LOL:

Blimey! :o

My BMW 5-Series Touring cost £950 to buy outright... And I get to keep it forever. :D

Like Biggy, I put some oil in mine recently. Actually, I'm lying. There are still three green service lights on the dash, so I'm leaving it until the lights go orange. :LOL:

when I am done with it, i hope to frame up that certificate for memories sake....

for £950 I could get a pair of drive shafts at the dealers here....

Thanks.... err what other thread?

There was a double posting of this thread. :)

Nice car :thumbs:

Just did a Dyno with her.

Numbers are:

264.5 hp at 6779 rpm

320Nm at about 5250 rpm

98 Ron Fuel

29C ambient temp

Edited by Saabretooth

She's going in for the skimmed heads, re profiled cams, 4.5l plenum, 78mm throttle body, and customized intake piping in less than 12 hours.....

and then a dyno tune this Friday

Me too...

The workshop is packed to the hilt today when I dropped her off. At lunch, she was still on the hoist.

Engine Bay is dirty, but I'll still take a pic when its done.

I would do it for you but it might take me a while to get there :LOL:

I can wait... but the workshop can't!

Slight delay... needed to order cylinder gaskets too.. which I didn't. So the workshop will be getting a set for me.

edit: I did actually order the gaskets, they forgot to ship them at the same time.

EBspares finally got them in on express last week.

Finally got the car out today.. Woohoo!

Edited by Saabretooth