Sign in to follow this  
Dman

Central Locking Not Working

If the door lock on passengers side is not working,would this stop power to all the doors then? i thought they would still have power just not be able to lock etc ??

I have a slightly related issue. Gtv 3.0 P2, will not stay locked.

Press the alarm fob, it locks and immediately unlocks again. Lock it with the key and the same happens. However, lock it with the key and hold it in the lock position, it stays locked. Albeit randomly, sometimes it stays locked until unlocked, sometimes it unlocks itself after time, again randomly. It also sometimes doesnt close, you shut the door and it bounces open

I have recently had the door panel off to change the leather panel and fitted a new release cable if thats any use?

My 156 has a habit of the button sticking IN, this causes the door to bounce open, is it possible that the new cable is sticking somewhere ?

I have a slightly related issue. Gtv 3.0 P2, will not stay locked.

Press the alarm fob, it locks and immediately unlocks again. Lock it with the key and the same happens. However, lock it with the key and hold it in the lock position, it stays locked. Albeit randomly, sometimes it stays locked until unlocked, sometimes it unlocks itself after time, again randomly. It also sometimes doesnt close, you shut the door and it bounces open

I have recently had the door panel off to change the leather panel and fitted a new release cable if thats any use?

I suspect the door panel may not be fitted correctly if this started after you'd fiddled with that.

That was my initial thought, it was a bastard to refit properly so i took it off again, still much the same although it does behave itself every now and then