Sign in to follow this  
Dman

Central Locking Not Working

Well the central locking has stopped working now,ive checked the fuses under the dash but all ok...any advise on what to check next please

I had this a few weeks back (see electrical gremlins thread)

had some advice from Smaky im%20Not%20Worthy.gif which sorted the problem.

Assuming it doesn't work on the remote or with the key in the lock,if it's not the fuses it could be a dodgy drivers door connector or relay above the glove box.

I had this a few weeks back (see electrical gremlins thread)

had some advice from Smaky im%20Not%20Worthy.gif which sorted the problem.

Assuming it doesn't work on the remote or with the key in the lock,if it's not the fuses it could be a dodgy drivers door connector or relay above the glove box.

cheers for the reply,It dosent work from the remote,checked the fuses today..all seem ok.cheers mate....relay above the glove box??

Yep,

There is an inspection/stick your fingers through and fiddle cover but to be honest it's only half a dozen or so screws to take the glove box out and it makes the whole thing much easier.

Is the light on the key flashing when you press it?

Yes mate..the light does flash on the fob when press it to lock it but nothing happens

If this is a 156 saloon then open the boot and drop the roof liner, you'll see a box in the center, unplug and reconnect it and try the buttons again.

If this is a 156 saloon then open the boot and drop the roof liner, you'll see a box in the center, unplug and reconnect it and try the buttons again.

Found the small box with a connecter going in under boot roof liner.....nope still not working :cry:

OK, remove he glove box and there is a box above it with 3 plugs, just do the same... assuming you've relaced the key battery first BTW.

OK, well I think the final thing to do is follow the loom from the box in the boot, through to the box above the glove box and then to the doors checking for any loose plug connections, replace the fuse just incase.

But one thing I haven't asked, do all the doors lock/unlock when you use the key in the old fashioned way?

Right the key only unlocks the drivers door when put in drivers lock....i have put the key in the passengers door,it turns but does not lock or unlock the passengers door....rear doors only open from handle inside,hope this makes sense

Yeah, it's pointing towards no power to the door locks which is why a fuse is the most likely component, but it could be the door locks themselves, I was trying to stay away from those but I think you're going to be striping the doors down to fix this one.

Mine's stopped working too (147 Sele - '02 plate) :(

I swapped to led fuses a few months ago and all was working fine. Then yesterday removed the CL fuse out whilst I had half the dash out, including the glovebox, got distracted for about 3hrs, then pressed the lock button. Realised my mistake (bright yellow fuse on a black carpet is a bit of a giveaway :facepalm: ), put the fuse back in but still nothing. Changed fuses - nothing. Put the original non-led fuse back in - nothing. The fob activates/deactivates the alarm fine and pops the boot release, but tested the spare fob anyway - nothing. Pushed the centre console lock button, which just beeps at me. Key works in each door fine, but does not activate the central locking. Did a couple of ignition cycles to get some power running through but still no change. As it was dark, gave up and called it a night.

Reading the above I reckon I've knocked either the relays above the glovebox or something behind the fusebox - will test with a Power Probe tonight and rejiggle. It may be a stupid question, but is there a capacitor in the system that has gone flat because I've left the fuse out too long? Will anything show up in MES?

The central locking light on the centre console constantly glows amber so I checked the body computer with MES, which gave me the following errors with the relays:

centrallockingerrorapr13.jpg

There's power at F38 on the underdash fusebox, meaning I've almost certainly knocked the relays or connecting wire, as it's unlikely that both would go at the same time. Had a quick look behind the glovebox (took it out) and cannot see the relays. Where are they on a 147?

I've got mine working again :)

The battery charge was low (12.2v) so I put in on a smart charge overnight. Cleared the errors from MES, and tried it again this morning. Nope :( Cleared errors then disconnected the battery for about half an hour. Reconnected the battery, and hey presto, all working again :D Must have been because I left the fuse out for too long then reconnected with a weak battery, meaning the Body Computer got itself into a tis, which was sorted by cutting all the power off for a while?

Have you tried either/both charging the battery and leaving it disconnected for a while Dman?

I think it may be the same issue, the relays are part of the body computer on the 147, if you have FES/MES then it would help, as the codes will need reseting.