Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust .....

Hi all,

I've been hunting local for a replacement back box for my 156.

average price seems to be around the £200-230 price range.

Then .... I found these guys on the dreaded fleybay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/customexhausts

They'll do a backbox and pipe for the sw for £130, fitted and it's stainless steel.

Just wondered if anyone has used them, any reports as to good, bad, indifferent?

They sound very reasonable, but don't really want a round trip of 100 miles if they're crap!

Cheers, Tony.

Don't know much about them Tony but have you tried MIJ performance, a few members have had work done there and they seem to have a good reputation for being cheap but still supplying and fitting a quality product :thumbs:

Nice price.

But I was looking at supply and fit (I'm too friggin old to be a spanner monkey! ;) )

S'why I thought £130 fitted was reasonable.

Don't know much about them Tony but have you tried MIJ performance, a few members have had work done there and they seem to have a good reputation for being cheap but still supplying and fitting a quality product :thumbs:

Thanks for that, I'll drop em a line in a while. :)

Well, heard back from MIJ Performance, price a bit higher than the other place.

This is Jay from MIJ Performance Walsall

Thank you for your enquiry.

The back box in stainless steelyou've requested for your Alfa Romeo 156 will cost £184.99 this is fully inclusive of fuel discount (£25), vat & fitting. I've included a round tailpipe in the quotation, you can choose an alternative or upgrade (various twin tailpipes etc.) from our extensive range of 40 tailpipes if you wish. Or I can offer you a cat-back stainless steel exhaust system (mid & rearsection) for only £295.00 all inclusive.

We carry all the necessary parts needed to build your exhaust system instore, so it should take no longer than 2 - 3 hrs to build & fit the system.

If you choose to wait with your car, we have a customer lounge with refreshments, SKY TV/DVD & internet access. We're only a few minutes walk from the city centre if you decide to go shopping etc. while we work on your car.

As your system will be custom built, you can tell us how you would like it sound, anywhere from quiet to full sport. Our most popular choice is a Mid-Sport, this gives the best of both worlds, not intrusive but achieves the sporty sound you want from your car upon applying the throttle.

View some of the work we have done on your make/model, www.mijperformance.com/exhaust.html - This should give you an idea of our quality of work & also help

you to decide what type of style & look your after.

If you do have any further queries with the details I've provided or you would like to go ahead and make a booking, then please call me on 01922 645 646 or reply back by email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jay

> MIJ Performance

How's it going?

Hoping to find the time to sort it next week.

This one's just been manic.

I plan to try the Brierley Hill outlet next week, so will report on "the experience" when it's done.

Why go that far when you have Longlife in Berkley now moved to Thornbury.

They did from the cat back on my 166, cost me £360 a couple of years ago, did a good job they ask you what sound you would like and give a choice of tailpipes.

http://www.bristolexhausts.co.uk/

I'll drop em a line in a bit, thanks K9d.

Although their prices sound a little high as customexhausts will do a cat back, mid & rear Single exhaust system for £220 all in.

Distance is not much difference, either; 47 miles to Brum or 30 to Bristol.

If the price is close, who knows! :)

I've had a few exhausts made by longlife... Their prices are a bit steep but they do a good job.

Well, the plymouth one does. Like any franchise, it all depends on the staff at your local branch.

Dropped longlife an email on Friday .... still waiting for a reply.

So ... gave the Brierley Hill mob a ring (I do wish they wouldn't put apprentices on "phone duty") and they quoted £130 for a stainless back box and pipe, fitted with full guarantee. :rock:

So booked it in for 9am Thursday....so we'll see!

Just got back from having the back box sorted....

Very professional they were too.

Looks a bit of a "back street" operation on first look, but the service was second to non.

Cut the old back box off, made the pipe from the cut to the back box and welded (off the car) all the pieces together.

Even had a choice of pipes.

Souns like a V6 .... well almost.

All in all, very pleased and for £130 with a lifetime guarantee, I ain't complaining. :D

Just got back from having the back box sorted....

Very professional they were too.

Looks a bit of a "back street" operation on first look, but the service was second to non.

Cut the old back box off, made the pipe from the cut to the back box and welded (off the car) all the pieces together.

Even had a choice of pipes.

Souns like a V6 .... well almost.

All in all, very pleased and for £130 with a lifetime guarantee, I ain't complaining. :D

:ttiwwp:

Come on Tony, show us yer backbox. :thumbs:

(Ooer, missus. :P)

Sorry guys, forgot all about this til BBIAB asked about exhausts....

Not very good pics, but gives you an idea.