Sign in to follow this  
Smaky

Best Fuels Available

Good advert. :thumbs:

Serious question now... Is "premium" diesel, like Shell V-Power DERV and similar higher-priced products from rival companies any good?

I was once forced to use Shell V-Power diesel (it was the only thing in stock, and my car was running on fumes) and I didn't notice any difference.

As an aside, a few years ago, I had a Nissan Primera 2.0 eGT (P10), which ran beautifully on 97-99 RON fuel (i.e. premium unleaded), but did not like 95 RON (standard unleaded) at all, spluttering and misfiring all over the place.

T all depends what the car was tuned to work with.

Also the higher the profile of car the better they seem to run on premium fuels...

The Ron value is the basically the burn style, as most engines are designed for impressive power figures then 98 Ron will be used through testing, which means the map on the car will be expecting 98, that's why when we use cheap 95 it just doesnt feel right and the JTS in paticular does not like it at all.

But did you see the rear wheel drive Brera?

Edited by Smaky

I did wonder about the rear wheel drive Brera, but didn't want to say anything in case I was missing something. :LOL:

They did but with the front wheels not spinning up then I've ruled that out. Bur it may still be a Q4 but with CGI these days I doubt it was driven at all.