Sign in to follow this  
Padster72

156 2.4 Jtd 20V

Initially there was a vibration/shudder when under acceleration, most noticeable from 60 mph upwards. I have had the drive shafts re-conditioned, and the worst of the vibration has now stopped.

But, I am still getting a shudder/vibration at around 35 to 50 mph. Don't really feel it under acceleration, mainly when cruising and most noticeable when off the accelerator pedal and slowing down. There is also a clunking noise coming from the front end when going over speed bumps, level crossings or potholes.

I'm a bit green when it comes to technical stuff, so any input is really appreciated (in simple terms preferably, lol).

Many thanks in advance :Smug:

Not sure about the shudder/vibration.

But my 156 was making a lot of knocking noises until I had both upper wishbones changed and now its lovely and quiet, apart form the usual cabin rattles. :(

I'm sure Smaky will be along at some point to help.

wishbones/arb bushes are the common suspects, but wheel wobble is possible a wheel balance, incorrect pressure, or wheel/tyre damage