Sign in to follow this  
Biffa

Registering Alarm Fob Key 147 Issue

Bought a 147 recently the fob was not in the best of condition so i have reconditioned the Key and repaired the transmitter.

I have MultiEcuScan and wish to register the key with the car but when i go through the procedure it fails and reports that the battery is flat.

I tried the process again but this time without pressing the buttons on the key and it came up with the same message, i know the key works so i assume the alarm isnt getting the signal from the key.

Has anyone come across the antenna or the receiver for the 147?

Bought a 147 recently the fob was not in the best of condition so i have reconditioned the Key and repaired the transmitter.

I have MultiEcuScan and wish to register the key with the car but when i go through the procedure it fails and reports that the battery is flat.

I tried the process again but this time without pressing the buttons on the key and it came up with the same message, i know the key works so i assume the alarm isnt getting the signal from the key.

Has anyone come across the antenna or the receiver for the 147?

Hi Roger, The reciever is part of the body computer and the aerial is the thin black wire that runs past the fuse box.

Hi Roger, The reciever is part of the body computer and the aerial is the thin black wire that runs past the fuse box.

I suspect a corroded pin on the body computer, have you come across body computer not receiving alarm fob signals before?

Yep, due to their location under the dash right where the windcreen leak used to run, it's occasional that water has got in the case and corroded the board, normally though it's just a button on the key at fault.

Yeah the keys are good I've tried 3 so far two i have refurb and i have just bought a 4th to try will wait until it arrives and go from there.

I have an issue with the key fob for my 147, when I bought the car there was no battery holder and a metal clip was missing, the clip takes the power to the electrics. I cannabalised an old 156 key for parts, re-assembled the 147 key put a battery in and all was fine.

Went to the car next day and the fob didn't work, i suspected the battery was flat, no lights flashing on the fob.

Fitted new batteries and now the light on the fob flashes every few seconds and the only thing I can do with the fob is open the boot, both the boot release and the lock button seem to release the boot.

With a bit of experimenting I managed to get it to work, but that only lasted for a few seconds before it went wrong again.

Is there a procedure that I need to follow when fitting a new battery to get the remote and the car talking properly ?