Dman

Help With Fault Codes

Cheers,as far as i can tell this is what the fault codes are,but means nothing to me lol

P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1173 Rotor Calibration Fault

Yea me too, my guess is that you have loose or malfunctioning lambda sensors? ...and now, we wait for Smaky to automagically appear! I'm almost certain it'll be something else causing the listed errors XD

Which engine and the first letter of the code is important too, chances are with 2 lambdas down it's an air leak.

OK, I'm hoping in this case it's dodgy wiring as the other options are both rear bank lambdas or a rear manifold issue, neither of which are pretty jobs, out of interest, when were the rear bank plugs last replaced?

OK, I'm hoping in this case it's dodgy wiring as the other options are both rear bank lambdas or a rear manifold issue, neither of which are pretty jobs, out of interest, when were the rear bank plugs last replaced?

I have no idea when the rear plugs where replaced,service book stamped up to i think 42,000..car now on 68,000

Cheers for the help

Hi Smaky,

Mine's a 3.2 V6 and I've just gotten this P1173 error.

Nothing else at the moment.

Coil packs just replaced.

Plugs are 20,000 km old

Any idea on troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Again this is crank and cam sensor mismatch, have you noticed any noises from the engine or a loss in power/economy?

I'm getting 6.2km per litre, which is a big drop from my regular 7.2

The first time it happened, all sorts of codes came up, and I had drop in power and could only cruise till I reset and cleared my fault codes.

Now, there is no real loss of power but MSCF comes on and off intermittently, a few times, especially in low rpm driving, 1000-3000. but above 4000 rpm, even for long stretches, its got no issue at all.

I would suspect then it's a possible cam sensor fault, though if the cambelt is due then the wear on the belts teeth may be allowing the timing to be passing just out of limits. So if the belt is due then have that done along with a waterpump, if not then have the cover taken off and just visually inspect the belt and make sure it is not wandering from the center of the pulleys then replace the cam sensor. If it then continues I would then suspect the Alternator, which I would advise you have tested before any major work is carried out aswell, failing to charge the battery correctly can cause a lot of random issues and 3.2 GTs are bad for alternator failures, and if that is faulty ONLY replace it with a DENSO unit.

Thanks. Will get it checked out. I had my cam belt and tensioner changed 4000 km ago only.

Hope that it didn't skip a tooth.

Do you have the part number for the denso?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Forget the Denso, that's twinnys, for the V6 2.5 AND 3.2 the BOSCH part # is 0124515087 and the Alfa one is 60673305

Thanks. Will get it checked out. I had my cam belt and tensioner changed 4000 km ago only.

Did they use 3.2 camlocks, they are different from 2.5 and this mismatch may be bad timing, have it checked by someone with the CORRECT tools.

Thanks. Will soure for the Bosch Part.

Yes, its the 3.2 Cam locks.

Someone told me it could be a slipping timing belt..

Will only get to bring in the car this week.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk