Alfa156Melb

Bilstein B14 Coil Overs

hey all, Has anyone here run B14 coilovers on a 156 at all? I'm looking for any view's and opinions!

Thanks!

No mate I've got some auto delta coilovers to stick on mine, LJ has had some new suspension buts that's on a 147

Oh well, I guess when I fit them I'll do a short write up myself :) I just hope they wont be too full on over rough roads..

Not got the coilovers but got the B12 prokit on my 147 & really happy with it :thumbs: do a write up when you get it sorted too :). Think i done 1 when i had mine sorted, im sure its on here somewhere :thumbs:

B14s are very crashy and punish the lower wishbones, personally I'd have FSDs, the B12s area little softer than the B14s but on these roads with eithr f the billys fitted you'll just be buckling rims.

I know you like the FSD's and no wonder, I've heard some great reports about them, esp on the 156. However I can't justify the cost at the moment.

I was originally thinking about fitting B8's and keeping my current pro kit springs - they're still in good condition - I think...

But fitting the B8's is much more expensive than the B14's.. Hence I'm considering the B14's but, if, as you say, they will start bending stuff then I suspect I may change my mind... :Worried:

This is the 8th time I've changed my mind on this subject - Decisive - that's me. :Sigh:

If it's just down to cost then I'd advise you wait and save, but ultimately it is down to personal choice and what you want the ride to be like.

Got Sportlines with the stock B4 on my TS. The ride is firm with almost no body roll, and doesn't crash too bad on uneven roads. The roads where I am are horrible but the combination seems to work great so far. I was told it's a matter of time before the stock absorbers will be shot when lowered too much though, but I think on the firm rate if stock is 3 out of 10, it should be a nice 6 out of 10 ^^