Sign in to follow this  
Kev Bassett

I miss driving an Alfa

Yes that's right I miss driving an Alfa.

Overtaking in the misses 306 is painful on the A40, brill car but doesn't have the passion or fire!

We can't afford a 2nd car just yet (Feb 2012 we can) but I do miss it and I know il be driving one once we can afford another!!!!

I can understand that. Can't see myself in anything but Alfa at the monent. Had a courtesy Corsa a few years ago while the red Spider was in for accident repair and I hated every second of it

I can relate to that; mine's parked for nearly 3 months out of the 7 months I've owned it. As a matter of fact it's been parked since last Sunday because I haven't managed to completely fix it up yet :|

I want to hate my Golf, but it's so relentlessly competent, there's really nothing to moan about. :rolleyes:

In pretty much every objective area, it's a MUCH better car than my old 166 V6.

HOWEVER, the Golf lacks charm, which the Alfa had in spades. Not only that, there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to engine note... A VAG 2.0 TDi unit can't hold a candle to a Busso V6 for character. :LOL:

I did look into VAG products ESP the TDi engines but as you said they lack charm and passion.

It will have to be a 2.4 JTD 150 SW but with modding you can push 200bhp easily and still be able to improve MPG on the remap, I have seen a JTD with 60mpg.

Feel exactly the same driving the Audi, You cannot fault it... but there is no noise, (The V6 is quiet, the 2.5 litre engine doesn't even vibrate, FFS! The Turbo is a mousey 'tsh'), no charm, and little character. It goes where you point it and does as it's told, it's no fun :( Even at speed it FEELS slow, I don't know if that's the difference of seat height, as the Audi A4 Estate is hardly sporty, but 50 feels like 30... in the Spider, 50 feels like 70 or more...

What you need is a daewoo matiz, in that piece of poo Nat had, 70 felt like 170....... in a shopping trolley.

Not for the feint hearted I can tell you :LOL:

i agree with munky malteasers ARE awesome