Sign in to follow this  
RSK

Hello

Hello there,

No longer an Alfa owner nor a member of the forum of the same name but noticed that this brave new endeavour was under way so thought I'd sign up and take a peek.

Not sure how participative I'll be but it's nice to see a few names I recognise, and also to happily note the absence thus far of one or two others ;)

Anyway, all the best with the site, early signs seem encouraging.

RSK

Thanks fella, good to have you here. It doesnt matter if you havent got an alfa (dont tell anyone, but I'm between alfas too at the mo), you're more than welcome to pop in and mooch about :thumbs:

Hello there,

No longer an Alfa owner nor a member of the forum of the same name but noticed that this brave new endeavour was under way so thought I'd sign up and take a peek.

Not sure how participative I'll be but it's nice to see a few names I recognise, and also to happily note the absence thus far of one or two others ;)

Anyway, all the best with the site, early signs seem encouraging.

RSK

In classic AO style: Hello and welcome to AD :thumbs:

I think there will be quite a few names you recognise - most of us are on both forums :)

Hi Mate - fantastic to see you again. I hope you eventually contribute as much as you used to - we will be in for a treat if you do.

PS - couldn't agree more with your second sentence.

Welcome aboard, RSK. :thumbs:

From what I knew of you at the other place, I can safely say I think you'll like it around here.

Our mantra is that we're a grown-up forum, designed for grown-ups, by grown-ups. :cool:

Well, I say "our mantra"... I just made it up, in truth. :LOL:

Kind words all - thanks very much indeed.

It's certainly interesting watching the steady stream of new recruits.

Just to add my 2p I never really had a problem with AO the institution and certainly not with the mods. I just found that the disproportionate volume of certain people's voices which was effectively tacit bullying just wore me down over time. As an institution I thought it was great, I commend Ian on what he achieved with the site and am sure that the two sites can, and will, happily co-exist. I sometimes think of AO in the way as I do America - I love America it's just Americans who piss me off :)

Anyway that's the philosophising over and done with.........

Anyway that's the philosophising over and done with.........

Philosophising is as welcome as all other forms of chit-chat on AlfaDriver, RSK. :thumbs:

However, if anyone takes soapboxing too far, we have a special smiley. This one:

:horse:

:teehee:

From what I knew of you at the other place, I can safely say I think you'll like it around here.

Our mantra is that we're a grown-up forum, designed for grown-ups, by grown-ups. :cool:

:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol: Grown ups :LOL:

:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol: Grown ups :LOL:

We were very careful to use the word 'adults' as clearly 'grown ups' is wildly inaccurate :LOL:

We were very careful to use the word 'adults' as clearly 'grown ups' is wildly inaccurate :LOL:

Yeah, alright. :rolleyes:

Fair one. :teehee: