Sign in to follow this  
2spark

156 v6 battery change

I've ordered a new battery for my v6 has mine hasn't got enough charge left in it to start it. (Been standing idle since I broke my leg). Ignition will still come on but not enough juice in it. TBH it was on it's last legs anyway. i also heard that you can't fast charge them as it effects te ECU as does jump starting so I opted for a new one.

I've heard that the air intake pipe needs removing to change the battery and the clips are a bit of a potch? Also is there anything I need to watch out for with the ECU, especially if the battery completley loses charge?

Should have said, I'm breaking a 156 with a week old battery on it lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I've ordered a new battery for my v6 has mine hasn't got enough charge left in it to start it. (Been standing idle since I broke my leg). Ignition will still come on but not enough juice in it. TBH it was on it's last legs anyway. i also heard that you can't fast charge them as it effects te ECU as does jump starting so I opted for a new one.

I've heard that the air intake pipe needs removing to change the battery and the clips are a bit of a potch? Also is there anything I need to watch out for with the ECU, especially if the battery completley loses charge?

Not true, not true.

It makes life easier, r-clic pliers, no, finally, you may lose the radio code.

yea, smaky said it all...

its not a big job mate... but a deep socket on an extension makes life easier to remove the strap... otherwise a bit awkward w/ a small spanner to remove the nut on a long thread down there...

also you do not have to remove the intake entirely, just undo the clip connecting the angled pipe to the throttle body... then yank that pipe assembly off and kinda push it up and to the side just so you clear the battery a little...

apart from that remember negative is first to come off and last to put on....

simples :cool:

Thanks very much :thumbs:

Doesn't sound half as complicated as I first thought. There seems to be a lot of 'oooo's' and 'aaaaaah's', little intakes of breath and shakes of the head on the subject out there in internet world.

Normally emitted by a garage near Bedford, if they were true then all cars would be unfixable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I'm on tour!